Print

Author Topic: You Freak Out, You Lose  (Read 226874 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #750 on: July 31, 2011, 01:15:59 PM »
CrossEyed, that's the point where you get into things like people liking particular artists and such. Like how I recommended the Devil Survivor games to a friend because the art for the games was done by the same person who did the art for an anime she liked.

...but yes, the Japanese cover for WarTech is pretty generic as well. It'd still stand out better over here than the box art we got, though. (In reality, it doesn't matter what the box art looks like for the Japanese version, because it's an Xbox 360 game and therefore no one was going to buy it in the first place. The Xbox 360 being a "filthy gaijin" game system and all.)

A better example for what I'm talking about - which in this case would be people liking artists and American covers being terrible - would be Atelier Rorona. The Japanese box had the title of the game and the title character standing in a town. Now, I really like the art for the current iterations of that series, so I'd probably buy that if I saw it and had a PS3...on the other hand, the US box has the title of the game and a wand. They removed the main character from the cover of the game because, again, retailers won't carry anime games.

Also, the more he posts on this subject, the more ShadowBrian sounds like one of those people who hates on Angry Birds because it's a popular game on a cell phone and therefore THE DEATH OF TRADITIONAL GAMING, despite it being little more than a traditional puzzle game with a neat aesthetic and a low price tag that happens to be available primarily for mobile devices.

« Reply #751 on: July 31, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »
Wait, CrossEyed, you only consider ONE of the people on that cover to be androgynous?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #752 on: July 31, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »
Also, the more he posts on this subject, the more ShadowBrian sounds like one of those people who hates on Angry Birds because it's a popular game on a cell phone and therefore THE DEATH OF TRADITIONAL GAMING, despite it being little more than a traditional puzzle game with a neat aesthetic and a low price tag that happens to be available primarily for mobile devices.
I won't bother to directly respond to that remark, but I will say what it reminded me of: On my recent Alaskan cruise, I saw a father and son in complementing Angry Birds shirts, something which really bothered me for reasons I can't quite explain. Later, in Canada, a window display prominently featured Angry birds merchandise--fortunately, this was tempered somewhat by a few Mario-related items on the other side.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #753 on: July 31, 2011, 05:59:05 PM »
Wait, CrossEyed, you only consider ONE of the people on that cover to be androgynous?
The top one looks like Light, the one on the left is too flat-chested to not be a girl, and the one on the right would have to be older than 20 to be female.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #754 on: July 31, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »
The one on the left is the only girl on the cover. (Also, the guy on the right is twenty-five according to the manual.)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2011, 11:57:51 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dle9x2esxI" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dle9x2esxI</a>.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #756 on: August 03, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »

« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »
Lost to Matches for Mikey.

As for the octopus, I've come to expect no less from Asia.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #758 on: August 04, 2011, 06:44:31 AM »
It's a dead squid.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzdaSPk0OiQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzdaSPk0OiQ</a>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #759 on: August 04, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »

Was debating whether this fit better in You Rage, You Lose or here.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #760 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #761 on: August 23, 2011, 12:31:48 PM »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #762 on: August 23, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
The earthquakes are following me.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #763 on: August 25, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »
The hurricanes are following me.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #764 on: August 25, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
Stop moving!

Print