Print

Author Topic: New SSBB Item: The Banana Peel  (Read 3390 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:37:08 AM »
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item04.html

So, there will now be a banana peel in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. :S I kind of think this interesting, as people could take this as a poor excuse for both a joke and a weapon; however, it could be good for stalling opponents. Still, it's not the weapon you would expect a Super Smash Bros. game to have.
Discuss the banana peel here.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »
Heh, I think you might get damaged even a little if you slip on the peel.

I guess it could be use as a lure weapon. Place it in front of you, the opponent jumps over it, then you do an Up-Smash attack. Well, it looked like Kirby slipped back when he stepped on it, so maybe placing it on ledges may make it the new Yoshi-Egg-Ledge-Death.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
It works for Mario Kart.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 01:10:26 PM »
The only reason  found that update any better than a new stage or something was this picture.

One thing that wasn't clear--is it a peel immediately? Or do you get this item after eating a banana? If it were a banana peel right off the bat, then somebody could slip on it before it was grabbed and thrown... So perhaps it can be grabbed again and again?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »
Those screenshots from the site were hilarious to me. I like how the banana peel looks :D.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »
Heheh. I thought that pic was funny too. Kirby looks rather displeased...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 08:39:08 PM »
I like how the banana peel looks too, but I hate how Kirby is just merely blinking at the banana that he slipped on.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 10:48:31 PM »
He's not blinking, he's scowling.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 09:54:30 AM »
"You're gonna slip! Trust me, you're gonna slip! ...See, you slipped!"

I don't see what the problem is here, so long as they don't take too many items from Mario Kart. I think it just starts out as a banana, but then you throw it for it to obtain peel status (could perhaps the banana heal you?).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 09:27:17 AM »
I think its like in mario Kart. you toch the bannana peel and you lose control giving an opponent a chance to tahe the lead or this case beat you up until you gain control.

P.S. The picture looks like kirby ate to many bannanas

P.S.S. Will there be  a cloaking bannana?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 09:32:40 AM »
Thanks for the insight, cap'n.
P.S. Except he doesn't have the banana power.
P.S.S. It's P.P.S.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »
Kirby could never eat too many bananas. Actually, I would guess he could never eat too much of anything.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print