Poll

Do you have a bedtime during the summer/summer vacation?

Well yeah.
0 (0%)
Yes.
2 (9.5%)
No.
10 (47.6%)
What is this...bedtime?
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: Summer Slumber  (Read 4742 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: July 04, 2007, 07:32:52 PM »
Do any of you guys have a summer bedtime, either enforced by parents or chosen? If so, explain it. Right now, I'm debating with my dad over how I shouldn't need a bedtime, and that they're really pointless when I have nothing I need to wake up to tomorrow besides my vacation (come ON, it's a vacation, too!) I just don't understand the need for a bedtime at this time in the year. Of course one during school years is needed, but one during a summer vacation is just meaningless.
Anyways, do you put up with what I do? Do you have a set schedule of slumber during these (hot for me) summer months?

EDIT: Also, please state when you normally go to bed, even if you don't have a bedtime.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 07:40:18 PM by Mr. Melee »
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »
My parents don't care. They know by now that I have enough sense to know when to go to bed. (It also helps that I practically have the entire top floor of our house to myself.)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 07:55:35 PM »
My parents have not cared about what time I go to bed since I was 9. Before that they were okay with me staying up at 11 some nights.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »
No bedtime for me! But I get tired around 10 or so, anway.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 08:46:19 PM »
I'm usually up all night in the summer, so my bedtime varies greatly.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 08:51:23 PM »
My parents tell me I can't function going to bed on school nights at midnight but they don't do much to enforce me going to bed any sooner. Next time they tell me "Go to bed earlier" during school I'll say "Midnight is the first minute of the day!! How can I go to bed any earlier?!"
Sleep schedules = for the lose. I demand freedom. I usually go to sleep at three or later and wake up at noon.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 08:33:22 AM »
I don't have much of a schedule for when I go to sleep, but usually around 1:00 am. Perhaps I need to go to bed earlier, but it's the summer.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 11:23:03 AM »
I don't really have a bedtime.  When I don't have work the next day, I sometimes don't get to bed till after 1am (last night I was up till 3am finishing a movie experiment/project!)  When I have work the next day, I should be going to bed at 10:30 at the latest, but I usually don't get off the computer till about 11.  :/
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 06:57:25 PM »
Usually I fall asleep after I evaluate my life and realize I hate everyone associated with me, which is sometime around 12 AM and 2 AM.

I usually wake up when I hear someone screaming in the morning, or when I'm dragged out of my bed for work.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 07:12:19 PM »
Although we have a loosely enforced "room time" (the where we must stay in our rooms for the rest of the night, lest we wake everyone up stomping around the house), I usually fall asleep around 1 AM. This leads to me waking up around noon, which is bad, since I have a hard time adjusting when I go back to school.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 08:05:25 PM »
If I'm not in by midnight, my parents are liable to come downstairs and complain. Sometimes they forget, however.

I am the stealthiest in my entire family-- I've had to work at things like this since I was very young (reading was my crime when I was young, now it's chatting and reading news).

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 12:32:08 AM »
What is that word...bedtime? I haven't heard of it in months! Haha, just kidding. Actually, in January my mom said that we would have to start going to bed earlier. Thankfully, she never enforced it. I've been making my own bedtime ever since...well, ever since we had internet. In Summertime I go to bed when I want. During the school year I go to bed when I get tired. My mom says it's my fault if I'm tired during school but if I'm up past 12 on a school day (and she catches me up) she'll demand my going to bed. 

Yeah, my reasons for when I was younger and why I'm up so late now are the same as Suffixs'.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 06:57:47 AM »
Agh. I went to bed a little over an hour ago, 4:30 AM PST. I couldn't sleep; my mind was swirling with crazy thoughts, the kind you just wish would go away, like "How do you spell 'irritable?'" and, "I need a new keyboard," and, "Hold on, who really is the man, now, dog?" Then the sun began to rise... I was drifting off to Subcon when I heard a car door slam. It was my dad, leaving for work. Not long after, the birds outside began chirping. All the rage that it is, MY birds tried to follow suit!! I tried shushing them from bed (they're super loud, my sister and mom and I would be annoyed) but they wouldn't stop, so I got up... and gave up. You win this time, sandman (what is it that guy does, again? Drive people mad putting sand in their eyes so they can't sleep?). I guess maybe tonight I'll be super tired and go to bed at a reasonable hour. I'm wide awake now... and hungry. Not going to make any noise...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 06:59:53 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 09:56:42 AM »
Because of my dad's schedule, if he works from midnight to 8, I'll stay up as late as possible so that I can use the Internet during that time (our connection is weird, because my dad's computer disagrees with the router, so we can't be online at the same time). Otherwise, I usually go to bed at a somewhat normal time.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 05:42:28 PM »
For the past 3 days, I've gone to bed around sunrise.  I was doing pretty well before that, though.  Hopefully I'll end this streak tonight.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print