Print

Author Topic: Rotten Mushrooms  (Read 1798 times)

« on: December 14, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
One of my favorite websites nowadays is a site called Rotten Tomatoes (I'm sure everyone here has heard of it). I thought it might be cool to start something a little bit like that here so I could get some idea of what you guys think of some movies. Here's the deal: one of us picks a movie and 10 people give it a review. You can either score it rotten or fresh depending on how much you liked the movie, and be sure to give a small review of why you feel that way. After 10 reviews, I will determine if the movie is a rotten or a fresh. If it gets more than 60% fresh ratings, the movie is fresh, and if it gets a 59% or below, the movie is rotten. A movie can become certified fresh if it gets a 70% or above. Got it? Good! I think a good starting point would be the Mario Brothers movie, only because this is a Mario site.

PaperLuigi's review: I though the Mario brothers movie was pretty corny and unlike the games in a lot of ways. However, I found myself laughing more than I did thinking about how unlike the game it was. The special effects were pretty good for it's time, and the story was actually pretty interesting. Interesting enough to keep my mind on the actual movie and not it's departure from the games.

Final Verdict:

So now the Mario Bros. movie has a 100% fresh rating. I need 9 more reviews to get a verdict. Use the image above for fresh ratings and this image for rotten ratings:

P.S. Please do not come to the topic and say "bad idea," or "this is stupid." If you don't like the idea, that's fine, just don't post.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 03:04:36 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:02:32 PM »
The Mario Bros. Movie was a bit silly and it had nothing to do with the game series. The acting was pretty good though, and it was pretty funny at parts. The story was also very entertaining, and while it wasn't really a Mario Bros. movie that's true to the game. It was still a good, alternative look at the series.

Final Verdict:

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »
Do the reviews have to be less than a paragraph long?

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 01:24:55 PM »
No, they can be as long as you want them to.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print