Print

Author Topic: (insert adjective here) stories  (Read 86836 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2007, 05:41:45 PM »
Okay, here's a story that shows how crazy some (one) people (person) are (is) at TMK. Only a day after I posted my mailing address so I could get free anthrax from LD, a letter was sent. I discovered this folded up piece of paper today that says:

PING Ian "Suffix" Meharg (345-B Honors Hall, P.O. Box 1700, Pullman WA): 176 data bytes

Send response via IRC.

I laughed so hard that the people inside the "Hill Office" made strange looks at me. I guess I'll have to stop exploring the campus and get back into IRC!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2007, 05:53:51 PM »
Ah, I was starting to worry about whether or not you would get my letter.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2007, 06:30:23 PM »
Slowest ping evar. LOL, gj MV.

« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »
Two stories in one post? Wow. Prepared for a long post? I hope so.

Each story took place on a Sunday. I shall tell the more recent one, first, which details the things I did at the reunion party.

After my father and I went to Queens to see an old friend of his, we went back to my old hometown, Valley Stream. I entered an ice cream parlor, one that once held my 3rd birthday party. I was the first one there. I put my stuff (my yearbook, a camera, and an old class photo of a few of my friends) down at a table, and looked around the room, thinking about how much smaller it looked compared to how it was 15 years ago, though it was exactly the same room.

After about 5 minutes or so, the first few old friends came in. We exchanged greetings, and talk about how time has changed us. As more time passed, more people came in. We sat down at the tables, though at one point we had to shift to the other side of the room, as another party of about 11 people also came in. We all told stories about what happened to us after many years of not seeing each other. We wondered who had changed the most.

I won. When I was still living in Valley Stream, I was short, skinny, had very short hair, a gap in my teeth, and VERY hyper. They were looking at pretty much a completely different person, one who was fat, had long hair, a not so huge gap in his teeth, and considerably much calmer and quieter, and had a pair of glasses.

To prove this, I shall give images:

I'm in the bottom right corner, with the green shirt and blue pants, holding up the sign.

Do I have to point out who I am?

So, after about an hour or so at the parlor, the party had moved to a nearby diner. Some friends parted, others joined us. We talked a bit more about our old school, and wondered if old teachers we had were still there, and the daily routines we had.

After that, the party had pretty much ended, though I tagged along with a few of them to a house in a neighboring town, for another "party".

Hm...I don't think I'll be getting into that. After that, I was driven back to the parlor where my father picked me up and drove me back home.

-------------------------------------

This story took place on the previous Sunday, in a place called Cherry Grove.

My father and I went down there, as I was feeling bored and felt my summer was being wasted in the house. We went down to the town that had the ferry service that'd take us to the Grove, on Fire Island. As we waited there, more and more people were coming to the waiting spot for the ferry.

After that, the boat had arrived, and we boarded it. Some couples had brought dogs along with them. A few of them decided to remove their shirts. As we went down the ocean to the barrier island, I looked around me, seeing many happy couples, conversing, talking about their plans when they get there. The ride wasn't long, maybe 10-15 minutes in length.

As we docked, we were able to hear the dance music at a nearby bar blasting very loudly. You also couldn't walk a few feet without finding a rainbow flag. There were no roads, just a boardwalk. The houses there are usually just rented out for the summer, but there are many in number, and a few people do live there permanently. Our first stop was the beach. We went down the boardwalk, passing by many houses. We got to the beach, and my father immediately found who he was looking for: his old boss.

His old boss is a lesbian, and lives on a house that borders the beach. She was there, with her partner, and a few other women. She took us back to her house where I was able to change into my swimsuit. We returned to the beach, and settled down there for about an hour to an hour and a half.

After that, we had left the beach, and returned to the main part of the Grove, near the dock. We were both hungry, so we started to look for a restaurant that wasn't blasting loud dance music, and were quickly able to find a nice restaurant. Once we were seated, my father started to joke around with the waiter. I considered uttering a "try living with him" when the joking refused to cease. After the banter, we ordered our food, and my father asked me what I thought of the place. In all honesty, I found it to be very nice. A little eccentric for me, but still very nice.

We ate, and by the time we finished, we quickly left to catch the ferry that'd take us back.

I hope I did not bore with my two stories.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 10:26:58 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2007, 11:02:16 PM »
They were both interesting. How did you and all your old friends organize the party?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2007, 12:07:45 AM »
Vid still loves green shirts!

« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »
They were both interesting. How did you and all your old friends organize the party?

We all talked on Facebook, wanting to do something like a party. We all said a few dates when we'd be free, and a place was quickly decided on.

Vid still loves green shirts!

Heh, you know you're not the only one to say something like that. :P

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2007, 10:45:48 PM »
Try living with him.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2007, 10:53:36 PM »
Well, I found myself choking up kitty litter dust for about 5 minutes this afternoon, but that's beside the point.

One day, I was extremely bored.  I had recently bought the first volume of Animaniacs, so for no real reason at all, I began imitating various characters.  I found out that I am actually half way decent as Yakko and Pinky from Pinky and the Brain.  I shocked myself when I did the "Hellooooo, Nurse!" yell almost to perfection.  So anyway, that's my story.  Good night, everybody!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2007, 10:41:58 AM »
I can do a pretty good Pinky myself. :)

« Reply #220 on: August 22, 2007, 11:06:13 AM »
So can everybody else who has watched the cartoon.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2007, 04:02:23 PM »
So can everybody else who has watched the cartoon.

Nope, not me.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
This story took place last night/this morning.  After a long day of doing nothing, I was quite tired.  I was lying on my bed, playing my GBA, and decided it was time to sleep.  So I took my phone out of my pocket, put it and my GBA next to my alarm clock, and got in on the correct side of my bed.  I sleep with my feet near my alarm clock, so I have to physically get up to shut it off.  Had a really wierd dream (which I may or may not post later in the appropriate place), and my alarm started going off.  I was really groggy, since it was 9, and I had only gone to bed around 4.  I hit the snooze button with my foot, but the alarm didn't go off.  So I got up, and tried the snoozer again.  Getting frustrated, I haphazardly start pressing buttons, flicking switches, etc., just to try and shut it up.  I was about to rip the whole thing out of the wall when I realized that I had never set the alarm before I fell asleep.  It was then that I felt really stupid, opened up my phone, and turned that alarm off.  I forgot that I have my phone's alarm set to go off every day whether I set it or not.  At the time, I was really frustrated, but I just feel kinda dumb now.  And this wouldn't have happened if I had put my phone by my head like I usually do.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2007, 11:39:42 AM »
Your writing drew me in and had me hanging on every word. In the end, nothing that exciting happened but the post was a worthwhile read nonetheless. Good job!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »
History is a pretty interesting class for me, because there are... opinionated... discussions every day, after response to either a quote, question, or political cartoon. Today's subject was religion and politics (things like, should the ten commandments be on the door of the Supreme Court or whatever). After the discussion, my teacher said, "Oh, earlier it was briefly debated whether Jesus is a historical figure." I thought about this for a second, but she continued, "Technically yes, he was--he was a real person and his teachings greatly affected the course of history, whether you believe he is the son of God or not." Someone piped up, "Where's the proof? How do we know he was real?" which got, "He needs as much proof of existence as Alexander the Great or Genghis Khan. He is in the textbook, too." "Show me, then! Show me where he is in the book!" So she got a textbook and opened it to a page, saying something I don't remember... and she opened it right to a page with the topic "Jesus' Death." Laughter. "Dude, the Lord just backhanded you."
So, coincidence, or divine intervention? Either way, hilarity.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 09:36:54 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print