Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1271922 times)

« Reply #2865 on: January 21, 2008, 01:30:45 AM »
This is for all the Earthbound fans:

Also:

Glad to see Jigglypuff back. Not glad to see Lucario joining her. Oh well.

This all came from this video:

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2866 on: January 21, 2008, 01:32:05 AM »
Referring to the previous page:
I'm inclined to believe the Portal gun in Portal is the best thing ever.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2867 on: January 21, 2008, 01:34:59 AM »
Told you. Now, all you anti-Nesses, react the same way the people who thought Harry would die did when they found out I was right all along.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2868 on: January 21, 2008, 10:35:13 AM »

This all came from this video:

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/

I saw those pictures in the video, but strangely did not see the Lucas and Ness pictures.

Also, what if Ness only appears in the Japanese version? There is a possibility of that. I still can't get over the direct quote from Sakurai:
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now..."
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2869 on: January 21, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »
It's not worth the effort to me when NPCs can't go-- or more importantly, fall through portals.

True, but they weren't designed to, either. However, you can shoot stuff through them and throw things like crates and grenades, which actually adds a new dimension to killing stuff. Killing zombies with sawblades is 1000 times better when it's through a portal. And sneaking up on a CP guard through a portal to club him to death from behind is priceless. And don't get me started on firing rockets through them...

Of course, it's best if you've already beaten HL2, prefferably also Portal.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2870 on: January 21, 2008, 10:59:48 AM »
Killing zombies with sawblades is already awesome enough. I don't need portals to try to make it better.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2871 on: January 21, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »
Also, what if Ness only appears in the Japanese version? There is a possibility of that.
(not really)
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2872 on: January 21, 2008, 11:53:34 AM »
No, Mr. Melee. This, along with "Lucas is really clone-like, they tried really hard to separate them," "Onett," "Original twelve," and other stuff seems to knock over a phrase Sakurai has used on features in all three games. Maybe "up until now" is Japan's "couldn't/could care less" and no one knows how to use it right.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2873 on: January 21, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »
Nintendo removed those icons shortly after posting the video. Here is a YouTube copy of the original. Look at about 4:20 for the icons.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2874 on: January 21, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
Gee, it'd be pretty cool to see Lucas and Ness face off in SSBB.

On a different note, I finally finished my big geography project today! Yipee! Now all there is to worry about is exams :(.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2875 on: January 21, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
^ SPOILERS ^

Please stop. I wasn't planning on quitting the internet at least until Japanese release...

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #2876 on: January 21, 2008, 09:13:01 PM »
I saw those pictures in the video, but strangely did not see the Lucas and Ness pictures.

I think you can see the icons after the pointer selects the Ninten sticker.
"it's always the present"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2877 on: January 21, 2008, 10:18:40 PM »
^ SPOILERS ^
It's not a spoiler since Nintendo released the information, not a third party.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2878 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02:25 PM »
I'm fine with any and all character "Spoilers," but I'd rather not learn of who is unlocked in the Emissary and under what circumstances. And how it ends...
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2879 on: January 21, 2008, 11:42:52 PM »
I don't see how saying Ness or Lucas being in Brawl is a spoiler. It's like saying that revealing that the Pontiac GTO will be in Midnight Club 4 spoils the game.
every

Print