Print

Author Topic: The Hardest Mario Game  (Read 24037 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 01:42:13 PM »
I'll probably never even beat YIDS's extra levels, let alone 100%.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »
Beating YIDS? Possible? XD ...were you being serious?

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 2 JPN for me too, it took me a while to beat it, getting those jump pads right is quite difficult at times.
Ditto used Machop!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 07:57:35 AM »
The hardest mario game for me is Super Mario Bros. 2.  Because there is this one level towards the end that I am stuck on and can't get past.  Its the level where you have to fight Birdo and the that crab monster.  But thats the only reason its hard for me, that one level I can't get past. Forever.......
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »
Beating Yoshi's Island DS is possible, with a gameshark!  I've played and beaten Super Mario Bros 2. and I still think getting 100% on YIDS is much harder.
Victory... is my destiny!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 07:11:39 PM »
I'll go with the obvious answer and say Lost Levels. I only recall beating it one and never wanting to play again.

On a side note, I've never gotten a score of 100 in Kamek's Revenge on Yoshi's Island. It's the only thing keeping me from getting a perfect file. Never played YIDS though.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 08:27:06 PM »
There is another Mario game that I though was extremely hard, Mario Golf for the N64.  The hard part of the game is get character mode.  The A.I. is an absolute monster, it will be a character that beats your drive and it only gets anything below a birdie once in a blue moon, and the mode itself is very long and unforgiving.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »
The hardest game is, without doubt, Mario Party 1.

Allow me to explain myself.

Mario Party is not quite difficult in the traditional sense of the word. To beat story mode, your simple task is to defeat mini-games. There is, however, one extremely difficult mini-game that makes beating the rest of the game impossible. I'm not sure of its name, but it involves a river raft and savage shy guys. I've never been entirely sure why these vicious brutes want to spear the various characters.  I happen to think that this game's programmers were mad. The wild shy guys do not make this level difficult. It is the control method. If, by the end of the mini-game, your palms are not blistered, there is clearly something wrong. After all the pain, you are afraid to turn the game on.

Mario Party 1. Hardest game ever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
The mini-game in question is Paddle Battle, one of the dreaded spin-the-stick games. I'm not too bad at these actually and have never gotten blisters from it like many people seem to have. I say that the Mini-Game Coaster in MP2 is harder than Mini-Game Island in MP1.

Also, an interesting way to handle Get Character mode in Mario Golf. Earn DK in Ring Shot and just use him. He can out-drive every character in Get Character except the last one. That's what I did anyway.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:28:59 AM by N64 Chick »
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 10:05:18 PM »
Never got blisters, only thoroughly worn analog sticks.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 08:01:57 AM »
Those stick-spin things are probably the reason the original Mario Parties have yet to grace(?) the VC.

I beat YIDS... just not with 100%.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 08:54:11 AM »
Only the first one had the control stick spinning, and Paddle Battle is actually easier if you don't spin the control stick at 130 miles an hour.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:02 AM »
Never played SMB2J.  Never got very far in SMB2 USA, SMB3, or SMW.  But I'm not very good at 2D platformers. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »
Only the first one had the control stick spinning, and Paddle Battle is actually easier if you don't spin the control stick at 130 miles an hour.

Well it may be because people were not meant to spin a plastic stick at twelve million miles per minute!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:18 PM »
The Mario Party series should have gotten rid of the button mashing and rotation mini-games.  They are what made the game so hard.

Print