Poll

What is your favorite Nintendo series out of these?

The Legend of Zelda Series
The Mario Series
The Metroid Series
The WarioWare Series
The Donkey Kong Series
The Pokemon Series
The Fire Emblem Series
The Super Smash Brothers Series
The Kirby Series
Print

Author Topic: Favorite Series  (Read 10384 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 10:16:07 PM »
Just about every one of the most recent installments in every Nintendo series has been in some way a blight on the franchise, I'm tempted to not even bother. But no one wants to hear that whoole song and dance from me again, so... overall, I'd say Zelda, hands down.

I can understand if people didn't like Twilight Princess (same old, same old) and Mario Galaxy (Too easy, also same old), but you can't honestly tell me you didn't love Metroid Prime 3.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 10:21:18 PM »
MP3 (which is great) was same old, same old. TP, uh, I didn't eat up the Peter Jackson-esque visuals (which is what everybody wanted), and that is all that was all it really had going for it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 10:35:16 PM »
as well as Sonic (although he's not entirely Nintendo)
In fact, he isn't one bit Nintendo at all!

Also, why is it in style to hate good games these days? Mario Galaxy is amazingly fresh for a 3D platformer and I don't really know where you're coming from with the Peter Jackson comparison but I will say that Twilight Princess was easily the most enjoyable Zelda game I have played.
That was a joke.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 12:33:27 AM »
I can name two off the hat: Boloblins riding those boars, Orks riding wargs, And that guy (Can't remebers his name right now, uh, Ganon's puppet), he looked an awful lot like the Sauron's messenger from Return of the King.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 01:58:50 AM »
Also, why is it in style to hate good games these days?

Seconded. As I have said before, I feel many people here have registered just to complain about how terrible games (all of which I've found awesome) have become. It's getting irritating, and it makes me want to not come here anymore. Along with the rude sarcasm and general n00bish behavior that has recently occured here, I just may take a break from this place.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 08:50:50 AM »
I guess I refined my posting schedule just in time, then.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 12:14:09 PM »
I had to say the Metroid series. The first few 'roid games were all really awesome. Sure the Metroid Primes brought shame to them, but they were decent, and Hunters had awesome multiplayer. I like the Mario series, but overall there are way too many spin-offs. The only Metroid spin-off was a pinball game. Honorable mention goes to F-Zero and Star Fox (both of which are missing from the poll).

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »
Sure the Metroid Primes brought shame to them,
They did NOT bring shame. The Prime series is the reason WHY I sort of like Metroid.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »
Um, do you understand what that sentence even means? He said they were a lot better than the 2D games.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »
No, he didn't.

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 01:16:12 PM »
Yeah I read it as the Metroid Prime series sucked compared to the side-scrollers (Metroid, Super Metroid, II, Fusion, Zero Mission, etc.). I don't feel that's true, because I like the Prime games even more than the others.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 04:21:58 PM »
Also, why is it in style to hate good games these days?

Thirded. I don't see why people hate some of the newer Mario games. I do think they could afford to cut back on the spin-offs a bit, but I like all of the non-spinoff games I've played (haven't played Galaxy, but I'm sure I'll like it). I'm keeping my hopes up for another major Mario adventure on the Wii, maybe not like another major 3D game, but at least something like another RPG.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2007, 04:32:35 PM »
Guess I was thinking "put them to shame." Remind me not to post right after I get up in the morning.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 05:58:49 PM »
Thirded. I don't see why people hate some of the newer Mario games. I do think they could afford to cut back on the spin-offs a bit, but I like all of the non-spinoff games I've played (haven't played Galaxy, but I'm sure I'll like it). I'm keeping my hopes up for another major Mario adventure on the Wii, maybe not like another major 3D game, but at least something like another RPG.

What's ironic about the spinoffs thing is that this season has shown what is possibly the least amount of Mario spin-offs yet.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 07:28:28 PM »
Yes, I'm glad about that, but I was referring to games like Strikers and Baseball (they weren't bad games, I just think they were unneccesary), and there'll probably be more sports games like that in the future.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Print