Print

Author Topic: mario sequels  (Read 2089 times)

« on: July 04, 2003, 03:09:34 PM »
have you ever thought about it

I see mushroom people!
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2003, 07:26:31 PM »
Flaming Alert!

I''m the master of Mario and Pokémon!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 08:42:50 PM »
Flaming alert? Huh? Here? Whatever.

Anyways, I think they should have a sequel to Super Mario RPG for Gamecube. But this time, it should have battles like the Playstation One game, Starocean:The Second Story, which none of you have played. It's what got me to liking RPG games. I don't really like RPG games where it's like the rules of Pokemon cards....your turn-opponents turn-your turn-so on.
Starocean was where you kept attacking the enemy every time you pushed the 'X' button, not even giving the enemy a chance to touch you.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 10:56:10 PM »
You mean you like realtime RPGs as opposed to turn-based RPGs.
Personally, I like turn-based more, except stuff like Chrono Trigger.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 07:54:15 AM »
Of course!  Wario Blast Advance or 3D would be so cool! Bomberman rocks!

"I go to many oversea places, like Canada."- Britany Spears

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 10:07:09 AM »
I have star ocean the sencond story and super mario RPG!!!!!!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2003, 10:26:19 AM »
" Starocean:The Second Story, which none of you have played"

Don't cut us short, there. I bought Star Ocean when it came out, way back in '99. July, I think it was.

Yet, I wasn't all that impressed with it. It was a decent RPG, there's no opposition from me there, but it certainly wasn't spectacular. It is highly under-rated, though, as it came out when so many other RPGs came out as well. I remember buying Final Fantasy Anthologies, and FF VIII all around the same time.

However, I've never been a big fan of Enix, and their failure to release the First Star Ocean had upset me, a bit. But, SOII's battle system wasn't all that amazing to me, mainly because I had played Tales of Phantasia before hand. While I'm sure that means nothing to you, ToP had a battle system very similar to SOII, but was released a year or so before on the SNES, in Japan only.

Star Ocean's Story was a little dry at first, but it wasn't as bad when you played as Rena Lanford. I disliked Claude's branch quite a bit. But feh, I've strayed way off topic. In conclusion: Yes, I have played Star Ocean 2.

As for Mario Sequals, I would like to see another Mario RPG, as well. I didn't care much for Paper Mario. However, I would like the turn-based Style to continue, as that is my prefered RPG battle system. Oh course, if they wished to move it to ATB (Active Time Battle), then that would be fine as well.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 08:38:09 PM »
how about mario all star 2 with mario 64 mario kart 1-2 and smash bros.and a couple of unlockable mario games

I see mushroom people!
 I always have the latest info.Did you know that I farted?PPPPPPHHHHMmmmmmmmmhhh!!

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2003, 04:48:12 PM »
There should be sequels to Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/11/2003 12:31:50 AM
Deezer was here.

Print