Print

Author Topic: Re: Spaceworld...  (Read 2623 times)

« on: August 24, 2000, 08:31:48 AM »
I know. I'm drooling. Nintendo seems to have learned from thier mistakes with the N64(though they're not admitting them yet, read the first part of the Game Cube section, it's funny). Let's trounce the PSX2 and once again become king of consoles.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2000, 05:21:46 PM »
As soon as I saw http://www.nintendo.com/spaceworld/ngc2.html and the game demos, I nearly wet my pants.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2000, 05:09:08 AM »
Why did Ninty even bother to make Link,
Luigi, and Samus promos if they know Mario's
just going to get pushed aside in favor of
that Pokemon fad garbage?

BANG YOUR HEAD!
BANG YOUR HEAD!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2000, 08:00:47 AM »
Ah come on... Pokémon isn't Nintendo's only game series. When Mario was all the rage back in the early 90's, they still made Zelda games and Metroid games, etc.

Just because Pokémon is big at the moment doesn't mean Nintendo is going to ditch every other game series... because what happens then? What happens when Pokémon is no longer "the biggest thing"? Nintendo would fall down with nothing to catch them.

Pokémon is a series of excellent games, but the merchandise and stuff is a fad at the moment. Wait for it to pass, and until then just enjoy all of Nintendo's excellent game titles in all their glory.

And yes, whenever I see a screenshot for a new Mario game I nearly wet myself too... ^_^ Mario Kart Advance did it, these new pictures do it, and ever shot of Paper Mario I've seen so far does it. Yahoo!

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Ralph Wiggum "I bent my wookie!"
Wolverine "This is... a big round room!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2000, 11:16:52 AM »
Yes, all the new demo screenshots are breathtaking.  (Link looks a bit feminine, but that will surely change.)  Ah yes... all is according to plan!  Everything looks perfect.  I'm excited about the Samus demo.  The N64 was not graced with a Metroid game; perhaps Nintendo has realized their folly and is developing Metroid for the Game Cube!
Someone set up us the bomb!

Print