Print

Author Topic: Ma-ra-yo  (Read 3236 times)

« on: January 01, 2004, 01:28:56 PM »
Who keeps thinking waluigi and dazy apere in the newer mario games?  Did Donkey kong jr.'s name change to diddy kong in game cube games? Will you be creating a game link cable for the gameboy advance SP?

Nicholas
[Banned]

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 02:41:20 PM »
....uhm.......
WHAT? I don't really get what your saying or what the topic is.

.....And I live, in a van down by the river.........
I am a trained master of each of the weapons of battle

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 03:11:17 PM »
Um, dude, you made absolutely NO sense there. Can you please explain this better so I can answer your questions?

I love how people think that they're supposed to put their full name in the "Signature" slot when you register.

"Oh now, don''t talk crazy. They''re not gonna to eat the man." ~Prof. E. Gadd
Formerly quite reasonable.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 03:33:31 PM »
Well, it is technically a "signature."

And I only understood the DK Jr -> Diddy Kong question.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 03:53:09 PM »
Um...
I'll try my very best to answer you senseless questions...

Daisy and Waluigi are in many new Mario games. I don't know what your question was, but I'll say they seem to be permanent Mario characters now.

Donkey Kong Jr. is our current Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong in the arcade was our present day Cranky Kong. Diddy is simply a relative of DK which is obvious because Diddy is a monkey and DK is an Ape.

The old GBA Link Cables are compatible with Game Boy Advance SP. There is no special GBA SP Link Cable.

Does that help?

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 05:14:51 PM »
If cranky was the origional donkey, how are their names different? I think DK jr. just hasnt been in a game for a while, Like Kiddy or Dixy. And the Dk is still the same one as in Donkey Kong Arcade.

Or is it... *shifts eyes suspiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2004, 05:31:12 PM »
No Birdo, I know what I'm talking about. The original DK from the arcade is our present day Cranky Kong. That's just a nickname because he's so old like many people give their parents. Donkey Kong Jr. was called that because he was young, but he was named after his father probably, and now he is going by his real name, DK, since he is an adult now.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 08:50:49 PM »
Meowrik's right, I remember it telling that Cranky Kong was the O-G Donkey Kong in the DKC manual. I don't know for sure, but it makes sense for Donkey Kong jr. to be today's Donkey Kong.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.
All Hail Fifth!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 08:52:52 PM »
Also, Juji, if you leave your sig the way it is I'll be voting for you in the best sig. catogory in the next ADVANCED poster awards.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.
All Hail Fifth!

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2004, 03:21:39 AM »
Markio's first post in this thread had made the end of it because he answered that newbie's questions...

However, I'd like to point out something. When Nintendo first created the Super Mario Series, their first Kongs were Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr....
Later, after RareWare came to Nintendo's second-party team, they took the original Kongs and put them under a process of 'remake'...
They planned that the Donkey Kong Universe to have continuity, therefore they made Donkey Kong Jr. (now, just know as Donkey Kong) the hero, and old Donkey "Cranky" Kong the... uh... character?

Anyway, that is all I wanted to say.
By the by, Diddy is in no way related to Donkey by blood, but Donkey considers Diddy like his little 'nephew'...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2004, 06:06:35 PM »
Uh, Hope N, Markio posted nowhere in this thread. I was the one who answered the newbie's question. Nice, I like how my vital wisdom is credited to others. XD

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2004, 08:33:13 PM »
Yes, it kind of hurts when it comes to recognition when your name is similar to another member's. Meowrik and Markio. Similar names. Easy to confuse, I'd presume.

The answers I have, in no paticular order:

1: I am almost certain Daisy and Waluigi will appear in newer Mario games. Although it appears their main roles right now are as fillers for games with several selectable characters, like the MP series and the Mario sports games.

2: I think that Donkey Kong Jr. Is the new "Donkey Kong", and the old Donkey Kong is now "Cranky Kong". Basically, what Meowrik (I GOT IT RIGHT) said. Hard to say, though; Nintendo left us another fun plot hole.

3: I have neither the ability nor the desire to create a cable linking the GameCube to the GBASP. That, and there may be copyright issues and all that, too...

Stupid Quotes: (10th Edition)
"Super Mario Sunshine is an overhyped, boring kids` game with a fruity name that got higher ratings than it deserved."
"Aaron S." - with a dishonorable mention to Electronic Gaming Monthly magazine (Issue #165, pg. 24) for printing the opinions of people who don`t deserve to have opinions.

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/2/2004 6:35:05 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 12:55:38 PM »
Yeah those questions all make sence now. The topic tittle doesn't though. I thought it was trying to teach me another launge. I thought they made a cable for the SP. I bought one the other day! Any way thanks for the comment on my sig eggman (or whatever it is, I'm bad with names). I changed it though.
Hope ya like: (this has nothing to do with the topic).

Oh wait! I just reread the question. Uhm. I thought meant a different cable not the gamecube cable. apologies

I am El Nino! All other tropical storms must bow before EL NINO!

Edited by - Juji_Fruits on 1/3/2004 10:57:41 AM
I am a trained master of each of the weapons of battle

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 05:12:20 PM »
Heh... Your UserName sounds like jewish gum.

Or is it... *shifts eyes suspiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2004, 05:42:54 PM »
All the cables made for GBA are compatible for GBA SP. THat's that, and don't try to prove me wrong because I own an SP and the Game Link cable, e-Reader, and GBA/GCN Connector fit fine.

Print