Print

Author Topic: SMW VS. SMB.3  (Read 4550 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2004, 11:55:42 PM »
*melts*

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2004, 11:45:36 AM »
You're right, Killa, SMW does have better music, but it's only because the faster SNES processor let it have better music.  As proof of this, the grassland level theme in SMB3 sounds terrible, but the remix of the grassland level theme from SMB3 in SSMB sounds incredible.  So it wasn't a problem in composition, it was a problem in execution.

This is not a signature.

Edited by - Hirocon on 1/20/2004 9:46:10 AM

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2004, 03:52:12 PM »
I, for one, like them both ALOT. But, I'd have to say SMW is a little teensy weensy small tiny microscopic bit better. I think Nintendo agrees with me. I mean, if they thought that SMB3 was a little teensy weensy small tiny microscopic bit better than SMW, they would've made IT SMA2, not SMA4... Who agrees with me. Come on, you just have to agree a little teensy weensy small tiny microscopic bit...

Made you look.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2004, 12:03:25 AM »
They saved SMB3 for last because it sells the most.
Anyway, I vote SMB3.
SMB3 just has a feeling about it that SMW failed to reproduce.
And, if I am correct, SMB3 has more levels than SMW.

They wouldn’t pretty so bad, ain’t they?
That was a joke.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 12:34:15 AM »
I think it did have more levels, but many of them were quite short.  I myself am torn over which of the two I prefer...  I think Yoshi may be the deciding factor, though... hmm...

And in reference to the music, they really did some amazing stuff in SMB3.  The way they were able to emulate so many different instrument sounds believably... and in the "athletic" song (game term) how the main part has that little upward "twang", and then the harmonization channel is used for that secondary instrument in the background...

On the NES, you had two triangle wave channels (melody/harmony), a square wave channel (bass), and a noise channel (drums).  SMB3 used all of them more efficiently than I've ever seen.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Print