Print

Author Topic: Farewell, for good...  (Read 7621 times)

« on: June 25, 2004, 10:39:12 PM »
Hey all. You haven't heard from me for a while. Y'know why? Because, these forums aren't what they used to be. I can't enjoy them any more!
I remember way back when, last summer. Last summer was the best. Last summer, the FF were at their peak of greatness, with many good faces posting often. Summer was a time of celebration here. Only one pompus buffoon stood.
Then, as the days of GMC Bored topic died, so did the civility of the boards. Many new spammers appeared, making my time spent here much less enjoyable. Good friends, such as Sapphira, were leaving. By fall, the Fungi Forums were dead to me. I tried to spark an intrest back in it, to get along with the new faces, but I couldn't! Every newbie was more crass than the last! I couldn't stand it. I left. For a while.
I tried to return. But the Forum that I had grown to enjoy was gone. Nothing left stands here for me. So, I'll see you all. Good-bye, Cupperson, LD, Insane Steve and all my other friends... Farewell.

"The Hero''s triumph on Cataclysm''s Eve wins three symbols of virtue. The Master Sword he retrieves, keeping the knights'' line true."
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:50:05 PM »
I hope that I wasn't one of those people who ruined your experience here.  We'll miss you.

Edited by - Nameneko on 6/26/2004 10:15:49 AM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 10:50:22 PM »
Why leave?
All the Good Old Membersâ„¢ are still around.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 10:56:48 PM »
I miss the good old days too, if the good old days were within the past 363 days that I've posted.  Isn't there some way we can bring a little good old days back?  Or create more days that in the future will be called the good old days?

Life is like broken coffee tables.  No one likes it in green, but the popcorn tastes like cardboard.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 05:36:10 AM »
What is today but the gold ol' day of next year?

I can just taste the irony, and the irony tastes like pancakes. Mmmmmm...
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 10:52:06 AM »
Or the silver new days of yesterday afternoon?

ProTip: Link is the original chosen one.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 11:08:20 AM »
All of the members of back then are still here, but it just seems like they're all gone because all of these spammers/newbies/etc. are drowning them out.

Well, if you do leave... at least we still have your picture of your sunburn, I suppose.....

"If love is around the corner, I must be going in circles." ~My friend
+--Support our troops and now our favorite Ronald Reagan.--+
Formerly quite reasonable.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 04:38:37 PM »
I'm still here!  Man, I remember when I had to leave because of computer problems.  That lasted about 3 days, and I was back.  Oh well.  Do what you want, DK.  Goodbye, farewell, and amen.  (Sorry, that was the name of the series finale of M*A*S*H.)

The three things I could live without: a kick in the teeth, a punch to the stomach, and a low blow.
The one thing anyone who threatens my friends needs: a swift kick in the butt.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 01:20:25 PM »
I just thought of something... Cupperson... tee hee.

I can''t think of a signature.  Gimme suggestions.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 06:30:57 PM »
Goodbye, Dairy King.
We'll miss you.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »
Even though I haven't been around you very long I feel like I know you so well. And It's always sad when a member from the good ol' days leaves.

I hope mabey you'll stop by in the future.
Bye. :'{

Edited by - MarlieMoo14 on 6/28/2004 5:40:16 PM

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 01:09:15 AM »
I guess this is a good enough place to do so, as making my own thread seems stupid and pointless.

I don't find much joy out of the forums anymore. I'm gonna sorta drift off... Don't expect to see me as often anymore. I may sotp in from time to time but I'm unofficially leaving slightly.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 02:53:01 AM »
Sorry guys... but I'm leaving too. I'm so tired, and my bed looks so nice...

See you in the morning.
200 characters and nothing to say.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 04:18:48 PM »
Whew, You really freaked me out for a minute there, MamaMia Mario. I thought you were really leaving. He He...eh, Meowrik?..........*sniff*.....Noooooooooooo!!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 04:29:15 PM »
Well, the Circle will miss Meowrik as an employee.  Farewell.  This is why I hired LL.  So if someone like Meowrik left, I would have someone else to take his spot.

I could be the lost Mario brother.  Think about it.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print