Print

Author Topic: Scariest Game  (Read 9996 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 12:14:57 PM »
Okay, I'll admit, the ReDeads were a BIT scary. Something about them reminds me of the Deadites from The Evil Dead, though.

-------------------------------------
"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
-Cats, Zero Wing (Genesis)
every

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 11:58:22 PM »
This may sound crazy, but one scene really freaked me out in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.   It was the scene where you have to race back to your home island before the (endless) night ends. What freaked me out was that the overworld music changed just slightly; I think the music changed from a major to the equivalent minor key.  Maybe my brain was fried because I was playing at some obscene hour of the night, but hearing the normally uplifting overworld music played in a creepy minor key really gave me the chills.

Edited by - Hirocon on 8/26/2005 10:58:53 PM

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 02:56:42 PM »
Yeah, it's the same kinda thing in Metroid Fusion. This cool, triumphant-sounding theme would be playing, but when SA-X would appear, the music would get all spooky and turn into this tense violin-esque music.

"How are you gentlemen !! All your base are belong to us !! You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time. HA HA HA HA ...."
every

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 08:58:19 PM »
Survival-Horror games like resident evil make me jump when things happen suddenly. Silent Hill can give me chills.
But I've never been genuinely frightened of a videogame.
I'm suddenly reminded of Banjo Kazooie. In the beginning of the game, a character named Bottles gives you the option of going through a short training level. On my first play through, I said "no.", and went on to come very close to beating the game. I was messing around in the starting area and discovered that if you tried to talk to bottles, he would get more and more annoyed. Eventually he said "That's it. I'm erasing this game pak" or something similar. I shouted a few four letter words, before I realized, that he didn't really do it.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 06:30:19 AM »
FRIGHTENING.

every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »
I was a bit frightened of Thunder and Lightning until I played Pajama Sam: Thunder and Lightning aren't so Frightening.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 07:50:22 AM »
*snicker* Okaaay. So was Pajama Sam a scary game? Don't go too off-topic. And don't be scared by Zelda games.

every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 08:34:37 PM »
Off the top of my head, I can think of the Spider-Man movie game. Some of the stealth missions in that game were downright creepy. The related music was also quite unsettling.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 9/2/2005 7:35:26 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »
Responce to Screech's Banjo Kazooie post: Yeah, when that happened to me, I was so freaked that I almost cried. I had so much saved on the other two files, and then, "I'm erasing the game pak!" Yikes.

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2005, 11:04:50 AM »
I find some scary things cute.  This is my background.  I think it's cute, but most people think it's creepy.

I also find this cute:

What does this have to do with video games you ask?  Well, let me just say that I'm NOT afraid of Vector, King K. Rool, Croco, Croc, or any other crocodilian reptile in the video game world.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”

PaperMario2

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005, 12:47:36 PM »
F.E.A.R
I like play mario games

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2005, 01:29:08 PM »
F.E.A.R. hasn't come out yet, but it already looks scary. And again, how are alligator pictures for a background a scary game? Seriously, don't keep going off-topic like this!!

every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2005, 02:42:51 PM »
I say Mario Paint because of the freaky-licious techno of saving and loading your pic, music, etc.

I'd have to really say Wind Waker when you first see Redeads... cuz you don't expect anything then they freakin' like leer, but do they even hurt you? Then when they die they just sit there and sit there until they finally explode or whatever.

Edited by - Trainman on 9/3/2005 1:44:42 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 03:10:16 PM »
Well, there was that whole last sentence of my post...

I can't believe I forgot!  The scariest thing in a video game in my opinion is... ROBIRDO!!!  After you hit her with two giant eggs, that is.  Then when she charges at you, she's shaking spastically.  It freaks me out, but at least I don't make fun of others for being freaked out by stuff. You know whta i mean by freaking people out: like being a jerk and calling people weenies or something... Only an insecure person who needs to point out others' "problems" to feel better about themselves would stoop that low.

Edited by - Markio on 9/9/2005 4:50:25 PM

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2005, 08:23:34 AM »
*sigh* You people are WEENIES! Let's look at the "scary" videogame things, shall we?

Yours:

Robirdo
Aligators
Mario Paint music
Mario Party
F.E.A.R. (okay, so that makes sense)
Banjo-Kazooie

Mine:

Doom 3
Aliens vs. Predator 2
Fatal Frame
The Suffering
Clive Barker's Undying

I'd include The Lurking Horror, but it's more eerie than creepy. But at least it's scarier than Teletubbies or whatever scares you. Well, actually, Teletubbies IS creepy.

every

Print