Print

Author Topic: Checking  (Read 2418 times)

« on: October 30, 2006, 02:26:15 PM »
At my job, the professor that I work for pays everyone with regular checks from HSBC.  Normally, I will cash the check within a few days, depending on when he pays us.  I was wondering if checks ever expire, because I've had one check for a little over 2 weeks, and I just found one in a pair of my pants from August 30th that I forgot about.  Other than screwing up my boss' checking account, will the check become useless after a certain amount of time?

I'm uneducated on this since I've only ever had a savings account, and my parents don't know.  Help is appreciated.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 03:13:13 PM »
No, you just might take the money out of his account when he isn't expecting it.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 03:45:48 PM »
I think the limit is 90 days.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 06:43:34 PM »
6 months is the standard limit, but it totally depends on the bank.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »
Oh, alright, thanks.  I'm going to get it cashed tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 07:23:45 PM »
For me it is 180 days.
I only watch [adult swim]

Print