Print

Author Topic: Fight the Future  (Read 7237 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 05:04:51 PM »
Nachos. Lots and lots of nachos.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 05:41:07 PM »
A Nintendo Wii.

I don't think Nintendo's consumers are that uncivilized.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 10:21:54 AM »
In all seriousness, do people rob people for money in order to buy things?
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 03:43:31 PM »
I never really thought about that all the way through. What do they do with the money they steal?

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 06:03:20 AM »
Well there's two types. Poor peeps who steal to keep on livin' (like Aladdin) and peeps who steal massive amounts to buy yachts and stuff (like Lex Luthor).

I don't think Nintendo's consumers are that cookie-cutter.

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2007, 09:48:01 AM »
That's a good point:  Why buy nachos when you could buy cookies--and the cutters with which to cut them?
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 12:19:41 PM »
They were probably just going keep the money for themselves; they'd get caught too easily (and, well, they were) if they went and spent the money immediately on some extravagent stuff. Besides, they never even got the money, you know. They just shot the guy and ran.
every

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2007, 09:38:37 PM »

Yeah, I just though it'd be a perfect chance to make a joke, but I couldn't think of anything funny, so I just listed something of the top of my head.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 02:02:56 AM »
The world is getting too dependent on the internet. Anyone besides me remember having to load programs onto a hard drive from floppy disks? Before installers when they came with these huge books that told you how to drag each icon to each folder?

Or when your dog could step on a game cartridge and it would still work?

I don't like any sort of CD or related item either. They're slow, they look easy to break, and I can't stand jewel cases. I prefer floppy disks, tapes, and game cartridges. I don't care if I'm stuck in 1991 or something but they just have always worked for me. CDs have caused me lots of headaches--especially on the computer where they are slow and on the Game Cube. That little CD whirrs around so much it makes me nervous. And I didn't like having to buy a memory card when the old games had save built into them. I don't like music CD's because my car can't play them! (I have a tape player)

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 02:17:04 AM »
Yeah, I just though it'd be a perfect chance to make a joke, but I couldn't think of anything funny, so I just listed something of the top of my head.

No way, you thought of the funniest response possible. I was typing my post right after when yours went up and I thought to myself, "Robert won this round."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 11:38:36 AM »
AbercrombieBaseball, I feel your pain. I remember the days when you could slide a big tape cartridge into your computer, punch in a command like "C:DOS\run ck1.exe", take out the tape, put a new one in, punch in a command, take out the tape, then put the first one back in, hit play, hear some slidey, whirry noise from the tape while your PC made some scary grinding noises as it digested your commands, and then, if you were lucky, you'd have to manually copy each file to your 2MB hard drive using commands like "C:DOS\c copy ck1.exe games", and then get to play your game after inputting a registration code from your manual. Those were good times. And no, I'm not being sarcastic; those really were good times, because the games were awesome. I've still got a really old (1998) computer, allowing me to play old DOS games without all that hassle.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »
Don'cha just love data loss?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 10:07:33 AM »
Mm-hmm.
every

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 02:49:51 PM »
EA is charging people for cheats in the Xbox 360 port of Godfather.

(Jerks.)
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »
What? Nu-uh. I'm too lazy to check, but I'm sure they aren't because I've seen button-press codes for the 360 version of The Godfather in various magazines and on the Interweb. It's EA, so they're probably charging for something, but not cheats.
every

Print