Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Jr.  (Read 19456 times)

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2006, 10:38:42 AM »
I personally am not a fan of the "Current DK is a grown up version of DKjr." theories, and the similar variations of it.  Because if those theories are right, how come Mario isn't a decrepit old man like Cranky Kong?   
Simple, animals age faster then humans.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 04:12:10 PM »
I really don't think Rare was wanting to screw with the DK timeline by adding Cranky, I think they just wanted to add a funny character
As much as I love British humor, I don't think Rare had to rewrite the main character's identity just for a few laughs.

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2006, 07:50:29 PM »
Simple, animals age faster then humans.

These are cartoonish, anthropomorphic video game characters. How fast real animals age has absolutely no bearing on this.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2006, 09:16:23 PM »
Honestly do we know that? Apes are very human like in the first place (though not to the extent of the kongs), besides Mario was also supposed to be pretty young when Donkey Kong took place (atleast from what I hear).

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2006, 12:17:23 PM »
I somehow don't think that Mario could possibly have been more than 10 years younger at the time of the original Donkey Kong.

This argument is confusing to no end. But really, I'm rather surprised that most people here seem to think that any solid theory can be created concerning this. It would be idle to pretend that the continuity wasn't screwed up by Rare and/or post-Rare Nintendo, and therefore it is only to be expected that one can't make things make perfect sense now. It's just something that can't be helped, it seems.

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2006, 03:04:13 PM »
Honestly do we know that? Apes are very human like in the first place (though not to the extent of the kongs), besides Mario was also supposed to be pretty young when Donkey Kong took place (atleast from what I hear).

That's what I heard also. Mario was suppose to be 18 in DK Arcade. (Don't ask about that stache way back then though) This would make Cranky be in the late 40s/early 50s it's just that his bone density didn't grow stale yet (or at least it was beginning to). DK Jr. could have been somewhere along the line of 8 to 13 or something.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »
Mario was suppose to be 18 in DK Arcade. (Don't ask about that stache way back then though)

...What?!

Where on earth did you hear that? I find it impossible to believe for a second.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2006, 07:58:09 PM »
He probably made up his own theory.

Maybe the Power of the stars prevented Mario from aging as much as Cranky DK.

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2006, 08:13:19 PM »
Ha, this is why I never try to make sense of the Mario timeline/continuity... it's even worse than Zelda's!
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2006, 12:54:42 PM »
He probably made up his own theory.

I didn't make it up. I heard that Mario recently graduated before DK Arcade or something like that.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2006, 03:31:05 PM »
Ha, this is why I never try to make sense of the Mario timeline/continuity... it's even worse than Zelda's!
Amen!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2006, 07:23:42 PM »
I didn't make it up. I heard that Mario recently graduated before DK Arcade or something like that.

Care to tell us where you heard it?

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »
Anyone spotted any DK Jr cameos? I noticed that he appears in the audience in Waluigi Stadium in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »
Maybe there's more than one DK Jr. (If you've played the Game and Watch Gallery games you'd understand why I say this). Sorta like the multiple Mini-Bowsers in Mario Party(not that I think that was ever a good idea in the first place).

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2006, 06:28:39 PM »
I heard that Donkey Kong Jr appears in Mario Advance 4: SMB3, is there any truth to this or is someone just confused (perhaps with Monty Mole)?

Print