Print

Author Topic: How is it possible to improve SSBM?  (Read 57731 times)

« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2006, 07:52:34 PM »
Wario would be a great character to play as. A bit slow, sure, but powerful.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2006, 07:53:38 PM »
 Bring back the bumpers.

Simple as that.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2006, 10:54:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure he'll end up in SSBR. Likely (hopefully) not Waluigi along with him. I mean, there's already enough Mario characters as it is... Dr. Mario should, in my opinion, be removed. He's cool and all, but he's not worth the extra effort on Nintendo's behalf. More Zelda characters are needed. You know how Bowser's the final boss of Adventure Mode? I don't see why. It should change depending on whoich character you're using--Ganon could be Link's & the rest of the Zelda Team's last challenge, King Dedede could be Kirby's (& hopefully Meta Knight's), a Metroid for Samus, Andross for Fox, Falco and whoever else will be on the Starfox team...

If Nintendo listened to each individual fan, there would be about 200 characters in SSBR. When a character idea pops in your head, think; how often would you play as Goomba??
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2006, 11:18:40 PM »
Here would be some cool new characters-

Wario
Pit
Poo (Earthbound lol)
Ditto (Like Kirby, except copies all moves off opponent. Wears off eventually)
Diddy
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Shadow, Amy (Wishful thinking)
Toad
Master Hand/Crazy Hand (Would be interesting)
Shigeru Miyamoto (MWA HA HA)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2006, 11:21:15 PM »
I could never use Mario to beat up his creator. That'd be... pretty funny, actually. Evil...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2006, 11:25:46 PM »
It would be awesome! Wonder what his moves would be...

btw, what about a character create mode? That would rock.

« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
Get rid of: Jigglypuff! It's absolutley useless. All it's attacks are very weak, and it's strongest attack often leads to major self-destruct. (That roll thingie.)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2006, 12:35:34 PM »
In the original SSB jigglypuff's "sleep" move actullay did something. (A LOT of damage)

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2006, 01:04:13 PM »
Little Mac

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2006, 01:55:14 PM »
Oh, yuou know what else? Giga versions of EVERY character. As part of Normal and higher modes of Classic, you could fight a randomized Giga character. Or has this already been said?In that case, how about a Giga pill/other item that makes you huge and strong for a few seconds.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #220 on: April 09, 2006, 02:00:17 PM »
And ugly.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #221 on: April 09, 2006, 02:01:57 PM »
Right you are. Imagine Giga Mario... or, if Ultima Shadow's predictions come true, Giga Shigeru. Watch as he uses 6 arms to produce 3 games simultaneously.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2006, 05:17:21 AM »
*Imagines character creation and naming, not to mention microphone ability*

Announcer: This game's winner is... ULTIMA SHADOW!
US: MWA HA HA!

Come on, designing your own characters would rock, but only as a super secret unlockable, I reckon.

« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2006, 06:33:11 PM »
Someone mentioned Sonic characters earlier. Is Sonic part of Nintendo now, or still Sega?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2006, 07:23:36 PM »
The only completely reasonable posts on this page so far is LD's and BM's.

Perhaps mini-boss type battles dotted in the single player mode would be neat; fighting a chain chomp or a team that consists of the Koopa Kids, stuff like that.

Bigger variety in throws and what you can do while still holding the opponent.

Also, I think that moderate-to-heavy damage should be inflicted when a character slams into a wall or the ground depending on their airspeed. This would increase the incentive for downward throws or throwing in areas that would have a pinball effect on the opponent (in the "dungeon" of the Temple stage, for example). Also I would like to see aerial grabs and throws as I have said before, like what Bowser's Koopa Claw is able to do.

Evading could be chopped into "quick" dodges and "long" dodges. Quick tap of R and down could do a split second dodge while a held down R and down could perform a dodge that lasts just a bit longer. Mario's dodge would be an example of a quick and Mewtwo's would be an example of a long.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:08:33 PM by TEM »

Print