Print

Author Topic: How is it possible to improve SSBM?  (Read 57729 times)

« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2006, 01:59:10 AM »
Someone refresh my memory what bumpers are.

« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2006, 02:14:46 AM »
You pick them up, and throw them... they land on the ground, and whoever runs into them takes a small amount of damage. Can be quite annoying. If they hit someone in mid-air, they bounce back. If they are hit on the ground, the person goes flying a bit and the bumper moves in the opposite direction.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2006, 02:21:20 AM »
Getting stuck between two and getting hit back n forth is pretty funny to watch, but usually ends up killing you. Think about the flipper, it replaced the bumper for Melee.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2006, 06:53:31 AM »
Someone mentioned Sonic characters earlier. Is Sonic part of Nintendo now, or still Sega?
Sonic I think will always be with Sega.  Back in the old days of Nintendo vs. Sega, Sonic was like Sega's answer to Nintendo's Mario.  However, since the Dreamcast's flop and Sega becoming a third-party developer (also I think some Sonic games are GCN exclusive), Sonic fans decided to call it a truce.  Symbolically, Mario and Sonic have set aside their differences.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
No Sonic games are GCN exclusive anymore, but they all used to be.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #230 on: April 15, 2006, 03:28:29 PM »
Come on, designing your own characters would rock, but only as a super secret unlockable, I reckon.
Yes, when you play online, instead of playing with some other charicters, you can play with your own design!

It would be cooler not knowing what your opponent might look like. maybe.

« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2006, 03:32:14 PM »
And, with the rev's promising motion sensor, Nintendo can make a stylus, of which of when you touch your TV screen, you draw!! Imagine, Mario's with PWNED!! T-shirts and a hat that says YA RLY.
Most Wishy-Washy

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2006, 03:59:13 PM »
You'd have to get a whole new TV then...Right?

« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2006, 05:57:12 PM »
No Sonic games are GCN exclusive anymore, but they all used to be.
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle are GCN exclusives. So is Sonic Gems Collection, I believe (though it may not always continue to be).
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2006, 09:06:44 PM »
And, with the rev's promising motion sensor, Nintendo can make a stylus, of which of when you touch your TV screen, you draw!! Imagine, Mario's with PWNED!! T-shirts and a hat that says YA RLY.
Or a completely revamped Mario Paint!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2006, 09:25:18 AM »
You'd have to get a whole new TV then...Right?
Yes, which would make the whole idea pointless to me because the controller will work pretty much the same way minus the "touch the TV" part, but you would still be able to "draw" with it.
I'm a horrible person.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2006, 11:37:51 AM »
I really hope that SSBR doesn't require controller movement. I want a game where I don't have to move at all.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2006, 02:56:30 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather play SSBR with GCN layout controllers.  But I'll try something new.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2006, 03:36:29 PM »
How are you supposed to play SSBR with these controllers? you hold them with one hand... and... uh...It just dosent seem right at all.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2006, 05:18:40 PM »
Control stick added with the nunchuck-style design.
It's YOUR problem!

Print