Print

Author Topic: How is it possible to improve SSBM?  (Read 57714 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #255 on: May 08, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »
<TEM> The Chef's idea for Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong is decent
<TEM> One of the 3 or 4 good character ideas to come out of all the "future SSB characters" threads

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2006, 08:57:44 PM »
Sure, sure, but I don't think any characters should be paired up automatcially like the Ice Climbers were. You should have the option to pick any two characters to fight just like that. Pick the dominant one that you control manually and the secondary one that copies your moves but can fight weakly on its own if it gets stuck. That would be an awesome special fight mode. Speaking of special fight modes, I don't see why we can't mix them and match them. Obviously, you couldn't mix Giant and Tiny Modes, but you could mix, say, Giant and Stamina Mode. Mixing Pair Mode and Stamina Mode, you could play Mario & Luigi on the Wii against anyone! I don't know... just plain SSBM online sounds awesome, but if they actually put our ideas in the game., it would be more awesome.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2006, 06:44:37 AM »
OK.I can understand if you're a fan of the Babies, but Diddy SHOULD NOT under any circumstances ever be a clone of DK. He's too unique. So is Dixie.
It's not my fault they sort of remind me of my two nephews.  No seriously.  I didn't really become a fan of the Babies till my nephews were born.  So, the Babies joining the Smash Bros. cast is mostly wishful thinking.  We might know more concerning SSBR at E3 today
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
You should have the option to pick any two characters to fight just like that.

That would throw off the Ice Climbers'(and possibly Diddy/Dixie's) uniqueness.

« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2006, 09:10:21 PM »
Um, now that the Revolution is called "Wii", shouldn't it be SSBW? (Just like SSBM, 'cept the M is upside down!) Yeah, me tinks dat all non-human and cartoonish humans (like  our god, Mario) should have more powerful attacks. I mean, COME ON! You make C. Falcon and Link (or Young Link) the most powerful dudes in the game.
                                     I HAVE FURY!!

Ohh yeah, me new.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2006, 02:10:33 PM »
^0_o

I think it sould be called 'Super Smash Bros. Thrii'.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2006, 11:34:09 PM »
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is looking awesome.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2006, 04:06:46 PM »
Indeed it is.

But I still wonder why they added Solid Snake....

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2006, 03:25:28 PM »
...and suitless Samus. What's the point? (I'm just wondering, not ranting)
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2006, 05:42:45 PM »
OK, I found out from IGN that Snake is in the game because Hideo Kojima personally asked Masahiro Sakurai to add him and he also bugged him about that when Melee was being made.

So, don't expect to see too many(if not any at all) third-party characters in this installment. If they do, there will probably only be about one or two, and they'll definitely be from companies who are really close to Nintendo.

I think the most likely candidates for this selection would be Sega and Namco, because Sega has been a bit of a suck-up lately(so much that their games have been added to the virtual console) and Namco has helped Nintendo out with a few recent games(and allowed Link into Soul Calibur 2).

If we're lucky, Capcom and Hudson may be given a chance. Capcom made a few recent Nintendo games(Minish Cap) and Hudson had their games added to the Virtual Console(and Wario was in the US version of Bomberman GB1).

Should any of these happen, I'd like to see the following characters used:

Sega:Sonic- Remember those rumors about him being in Melee? Case closed.
Capcom:Viewtiful Joe- He's the only Capcom character that's exclusivly appeared on Nintendo consoles and could be rather unique to play.
Hudson:Bonk- He has some pretty good games under his belt, and more moveset inspiration than Bomberman.
Namco: I'm unsue about this one. I'd say Klonoa, but he looks too much like Sonic. I'd say Pac-man, but he has no moveset inspiration. Maybe they'd add someone from Tekken.

So that's it, but remember, I DO NOT want ALL of these guys playable. I only said who I think should be playable IF any of the above companies happen to be involved with this game.

PS- The funny thing about Snake being in SSBB is that he was already in an SSB knockoff made by Hudson which was released in Japan only. The game had Konami, Bandai and Takara characters in it, some of which included Simon Belmont and Optimus Prime. Weird, eh?

« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2006, 10:01:04 PM »
Optimus Prime in a SSB knockoff sounds totally awesome.

Which reminds me, I need to buy Shonen Jump Superstars next time I'm in Thailand. Hopefully, next year or the year after that.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2006, 12:06:32 AM »
How 'bout an underwater stage?  I think it'd be really unique.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2006, 09:15:54 AM »
Hmm... Underwater? Maybe. You mean like with cheep-cheeps and the like? Or a kind of Atlantean stage?
I think that there were just too many like-stages in SSBM. you know, like Yoshi's Island (Yoshi's Story), Brinstar, Past Stages: Green Greens, and Battlefield. We need more diversity! Oh, yeah, what's that castle under attack? My friend told me it was Hyrule Castle being beseiged.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2006, 09:27:03 AM »
I think that castle may be from Fire Emblem.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »
Castle? What castle? The only one I know of is the annoying-camera Hyrule castle. Seriously, that level is hard to attack others in sometimes because of the camera.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print