Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 479115 times)

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #315 on: February 15, 2006, 10:10:06 AM »
I bet this question was asked before, but the search didn't spit out anything...

What do you think is under Shy Guys mask?

My theory: It's a shy Toadie without the ability to fly. They wear the same clothes as Shy Guys, just without the belt.
Yeah, I know, in Luigi's Mansion there wasn't anything underneath the mask except of two glowing eyes but they were just ghosts, weren't they?
On the other hand, it must be something scary, because of the trophy-sequence in Mario Power Tennis... But isn't Luigi afraid of everything? XD"

He could have been surprised! =D

It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #316 on: February 15, 2006, 04:01:15 PM »
I always wanted to ask this question:

Who are Princess Peach's parents?

Pt_peach's theory: I really think that there used to be more humans in the Mushroom Kingdom. I think it is, in fact, rediculous that Toadsworth can be her father. I think if he was and Peach's mother (whosoever she may be) must've been a human. But I don't think a cross of a human and a toad would look like Peach so maybe Peach was adopted by Toadsworth and became like a daughter to him and he named her Princess. But wouldn't that make him King?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2006, 04:09:28 PM »
In SMRPG, her grandma was a toad...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »
That's just plain freaky, a human's grandpa being a toad but then again, maybe she inherited all of her human genes. Brrrrrr....
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2006, 05:21:37 PM »
She was just adopted.

And Toadsworth could be Toad from SMB2.

And Shy Guys wear masks because they're obviously shy.
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2006, 05:29:16 PM »
No way, Toad was clearly not much older than  Mario in SMB2, if older at all.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #321 on: February 16, 2006, 09:26:35 AM »
I think Peach ones came from the human world and rescued the Mushroom Kingdom with her magic powers (maybe she protected the Toads from a Gumba rebellion). And because the Toads were so gratefull they made Peach the lands ruler. Toadsworth became her advisor and is not related to her. Well, that's just my theory.

@yoshimaster:
It's not why Shy Guys were masks, it's what is behind the mask :)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #322 on: February 16, 2006, 10:34:11 AM »
Then why didn't she fend herself when Bowser kidnapped her?

Kojinka's theory: Peach was an abandoned baby from the human world.  Her drunken blood father tossed her into a warp pipe leading to the Mushroom World.  The Mushroom royal family adopted her, and due to the king and queen's busy schedule, Toadsworth was assigned to babysit.  Peach and Toadsworth's relationship is similar to that of Zelda and Impa.

Or perhaps Peach's human traits symbolise her as a sort of Princess of Destiny.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #323 on: February 16, 2006, 05:21:08 PM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:21:52 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #324 on: February 16, 2006, 07:19:25 PM »
Or perhaps Peach's human traits symbolise her as a sort of Princess of Destiny.

That would go well with the Beanbean advisors' line in M&LSS.. "I cannot deny that such jumping is a trademark of the Mario and Luigi of legend." (or something like that.. how do I do italics, btw?)

.. and here's another question/theory thing: How do the warp pipes work? I once thought it was a vaccuum like effect, but then how could the Bros breathe when they go through pipes, and how would the Pirahna Plants live in the ones that are warp-able.. and how do the Bros stand on top of the pipes if they're supposed to be round (as seen in all 3D Mario games..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #325 on: February 16, 2006, 07:40:29 PM »
Italics: [ i ] words [ / i ]  without the spaces.
Peach and Toadsworth's relationship is similar to that of Zelda and Impa.
That is a wonderful comparison. (See, like that.)

Warp pipes... Perhaps they do what the name implies... warp you, by portal, to another part of the world. Or, they send you there at warp speed. or perhaps they are just pipe systems where Mario has to walk there on his own, like "Pipe Vault" in SMRPG. Piranha plants were shown to have feet in M&L:PiT. Perhaps they use those feet to cling to the surface of the pipe.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 07:44:51 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #326 on: February 16, 2006, 11:33:28 PM »
Heh, when I saw the name of this thread, my eyes mixed it in with the 'Worst Mario Fangame' thread, meaning I thought it was 'Mariology (worst posts wanted)'.

Anyway... I believe warp pipes are like Floo Powder in Harry Potter... which is basically what BP said. *Sweatdrops*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #327 on: February 17, 2006, 05:30:18 AM »
Then why didn't she fend herself when Bowser kidnapped her?
Bowser kindnapped her BECAUSE she was the only one able to destory his plans of overhelming the Mushroom Kingdom. I think this was mentioned in the instruction booklet of Super Mario Bros. but I am not entirely sure.

@Warppipes:
Mario and Luigi can stand on them by putting on foot on every edge of the pipe.
How they work? My theorie is simple: Mario jumps into them, crawls through them, climbs them up at another place with his strong plumber-arms and -legs and then just climbs (or jumps) out of them.
The Piranha Plants construct a cork of roots to hold themselves on the same level and not falling down to the ground.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #328 on: February 17, 2006, 04:58:08 PM »
Bowser kindnapped her BECAUSE she was the only one able to destory his plans of overhelming the Mushroom Kingdom. I think this was mentioned in the instruction booklet of Super Mario Bros. but I am not entirely sure.
That only explains why Bowser kidnapped her.  That doesn't answer my question as to why she didn't fend herself when she could've kicked Bowser's butt.  I guess there's the possibility that Bowser outnumbered her with his minions.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #329 on: February 17, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »
Uh, how could Peach beat up Bower?

At all?

Since many pipes stop at blocks it can't be a strait tunnel.

Senior Mariology professor

Print