Print

Author Topic: Consolidated Favorite Comic Strip Topic  (Read 6934 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 04:42:44 PM »
Far Side... nothing else comes close.
My short film sucks.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 01:24:50 AM »
Favorite syndicated comic:

1. Zits
2. Pickles

Favorite online webcomic:

(new list)
1. Faux Pas
2. Ozy and Millie
3. RealLife
4. Sabrina Online

(old list)
1. Sabrina Online (when there's at least thirty unread comics)
2. Faux Pas
3. Ozy and Millie (before it went largely political)
4. RealLife

Favorite other comics:

1. The Far Side
2. Calvin and Hobbes (I rarely see it though)
3. Foxtrot (syndicated)
4. Dilbert (syndicated)
You didn't say wot wot.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »
Kweh!  somebody else who reads Ozy and Millie!
I'm not really into webcomics, but I thoroughly enjoy that one.

...And good to see you again, penguinwizard!
Go Moon!

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 09:02:45 PM »
While checking out the site of the creator of Platform, I found his cool dialogueless comic, Tomb.

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
Cool, an old topic I posted in!

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
I was thinking of posting here, then I realized three posts up I already did. And my choices still haven't changed, although Ozy and Millie is deader than a doornail now. I do like hearing the "Kweh!" sound though, why don't I hear it more often? I thought that was only a Chocobo thing.
Faux Pas is starting to get interesting again, though I know something's going to get between Randy and Cindy as it always does. RealLife's just been there and sort of kind of amusing. Sabrina Online takes ages for anything to happen, but thank god I haven't seen any mentions of the Transformers lately (and thank god that Richard's returned). I've already thrown VG Cats into the fiery pits of Mount Doom for updating even slower than Homestar Runner without much payoff.

Maybe I can add the webcomic xkcd to the list since I understand some of its jokes and I was surprised to see my database class bring up the "Bobby Tables" comic.

I really need to get into the habit of reading 2P Start, Brawl In The Family, and Awkward Zombie. They don't update often (that I know of), but occasionally there's something good.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:56:47 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »
I miss Ozy and Millie.

I miss daily FoxTrot.

I read Unshelved, Dr. McNinja, Girly (NSFW), Penny Arcade, xkcd, Not Invented Here, and Square Root of Minus Garfield (which I'm probably going to drop simply because it's pretty dull). I was reading a comic called Frost, but Nadir has been too busy with work, video games, and chatting with the former ZZT community to do more. I'll occasionally open up Dinosaur Comics, Isotown, or Templar, Arizona. to read through some more of those comics, but I've still got a long way to go on any of them to be up to date. I'll also pick up MS Paint Adventures again every once in a while until I forget about it yet again.

EDIT: Currently-read comics rearranged in order of how much I enjoy them.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:09:26 AM by WarpRattler »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »
I really need to get into the habit of reading 2P Start, Brawl In The Family, and Awkward Zombie. They don't update often (that I know of), but occasionally there's something good.

Brawl in the Family updates twice a week when the artist isn't taking a break (which, admittedly, he's been doing a lot lately).

I miss daily FoxTrot.

This.

As for comics I like, if you hadn't guessed from my frequent posting of its strips in YL,YL, I really like Pearls Before Swine (Stephan Pastis' blog is also quite entertaining); Dilbert is often very good, if depressingly cynical at times; I used to read Mother Goose and Grimm, but ever since Ralph was introduced, it seems like he's been the focus of the strip moreso than the title characters (I still check in from time to time, and there are still some clever jokes); Calvin and Hobbes was excellent before Watterson quit for teh artz; and how could I mention comic strips without mentioning Peanuts?  What can I say.  Compared to some other strips, it's definitely more subdued, but I still love those pumpkin-headed kids.

There are several other comic strips I like, but I listed my favorites above.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »
TOMB is really cool, I've added it to my RSS feeding.

Print