Print

Author Topic: South Park  (Read 7374 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2003, 12:21:25 PM »
Your signature has severely disturbed me.

Edited by - TheEggMan on Time slowed/and/Reality bent. But on:and:on the Eggman went. AM

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2004, 05:34:36 PM »
I agree with Sapphira and everybody else that agreed with her: South Park is just sick...
 n/a

TEM

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2004, 10:18:44 PM »
Sick like a fox!
If you watch the show(particularly the newer episodes) carefully enough, you realize there is an intelligent, underlying joke in it all.
To who's expense are these jokes?
Every society/person in the world that they see fit to make fun of.
And they pour on the crude hilarity for more viewership from the stupid part of the world.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TheEggMan on 1/11/2004 8:21:27 PM

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2004, 10:38:08 AM »
Yeah. My mom doesn't mind me or my siblings watching it, because at the end of an episode, the kids and townsfolk ussually learn a valuble lesson. Example: the episode when they said the word "sh*t" more than 162 times. At the end of that episode, the 4some of Stan, Kyle, [Eric] Cartman and Kenny said how it is not good to swear 24-7. No wonder that episode got no complaints at all. Also, I owe South Park for stoping bad things from happening. Remember that episode were the boys try to stop Steven Spilberg and George Lucus from re-making Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark with new special effects and crap like that? Well, in real life, that was going to happen. Thank god it didn't. That would be like what Spilberg did to E.T. (adding pointless special effects, replacing guns with radios, ect). I enspecially thought it was funny when they showed that joke about the creators remaking the first episode, "Cartman gets an Anal-Probe", with special effects and Star Wars characters. That really showed Lucus and Spilberg. So in other words, despite the sex jokes, and crap like that, South Park- like Spongebob- really isn't as dumb as people think it is.

---------------------------------------------

Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill fast! Gotta kill faster! Faster! Faster! Faster! Lonic X!
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 03:38:06 PM »
I hate to admit it guys, but they're right. South Park stuffs highbrow satire into lowbrow presentation.

Of course, I never realized this until I saw more than a few episodes of the show.

I hate that stem cell episode though, because it shows stem cells as coming from nearly fully developed fetuses, wherein the real world they come from very, very early embryos of just a few cells.

my pathetic attempts at humor are fleeting

TEM

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2004, 03:48:21 PM »
YES! Me and Lonic converted LD to SouthParkIsn'tAllThatBad-ism.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - TheEggMan on 1/12/2004 1:48:58 PM

Print