Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Jr.  (Read 19449 times)

« on: May 04, 2004, 09:30:01 PM »
I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed already. Anyway, I just wanted to know what the general opinion of this board is on the subject of DK Jr. Now, being a DK fan, I obviously follow the notion that the DK Jr. of the arcades is the DK of the DKC's and the Mario competition games, and that Cranky is the original DK. If I'm not mistaken, Rare has confirmed this. But, regardless, I'd like to know what the general sentiment of this board is on the subject. (This topic will probably bomb, but oh well.)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 09:30:35 PM »
I agree with you because those are the facts.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 10:35:32 PM »
Supposedly Rare stated that Cranky Kong was the Donkey Kong from the arcade games. Therefore the DK from DKC and DKL is a different character.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 02:54:44 AM »
Yeah! The modern Donkey Kong is Donkey Kong Jr.!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 09:53:59 AM »
Holy smokes, I never thought about it that way! I thought Donkey Kong Jr. was just replaced by Diddy Kong (so Diddy would technically be DK Jr.) but your theory is amazing... Thanks for giving me something to think about! =D

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 10:48:19 AM »
then where did Diddy Kong come from?
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 10:53:28 AM »
That's not his theory, it's proven factual data.

Diddy Kong cannot be Donkey Kong Jr. because Jr. is a gorilla, but Diddy is a monkey.

Diddy Kong is simply stated to be Donkey Kong's little buddy. In other words, he's just DK's friend.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 03:34:46 PM »
Ugh, I'm sticking to this: Donkey Kong from DKC is the original DK. I base this on the fact that he and DK Jr. both appear together in Mario Tennis. And don't whine and say Baby Mario and Mario are there together because they aren't. If you watch the scene after DK Jr. wins a tournament, you see him leap into his father's arms. Now, go back to the intro scene that shows the Mario AllStars Tennis Match. Before the bad guys show up, it shows all of the other characters together, except Baby Mario. He and Mario are never shown together. DK and DK Jr. are. In my mind, Cranky is just senile, and the other Kongs are just playing along to his ramblings.

"I want us to go fowards, not backwards. Upwards, not forwards. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards salvation."- Kodos, disguised as Clinton

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 5/5/2004 2:35:38 PM
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 04:15:21 PM »
1: Cranky is not senile. He knows just about everything. He's just mean.

2: Diddy is a chimp, not a monkey, and he's DK's nephew.

3: The Mario party, kart, and sports games aren't really part of the whole story. Whether baby Mario appears with Mario or not, the fact that he's even there at all proives it.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 04:39:37 PM »
That doesn't "proive" anything.

So who would you say is the DK in those games?

(Side Note: Diddy has a tail. Monkeys have tails. Chimps don't. Therefore, Diddy's a monkey.)

"I want us to go fowards, not backwards. Upwards, not forwards. And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards salvation."- Kodos, disguised as Clinton

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 5/5/2004 3:41:56 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 05:07:14 PM »
Dude, they're fictional characters in a video game, it isn't that important to be right.  Or possible, even.  I mean, would you expect normal gorillas and primates to be living in the same world with whatever toads and Koopas are?  Is Toad a toad, or a mushroom?  Is Bowser a Turtle, or some freakish animal that doesn't exist? (RHETORICAL QUESTIONS)

Is your refrigerator running?  Then you better turn off the lights to save electricity!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 05:41:24 PM »
-edit- I just realized what Markio meant.

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 5/5/2004 5:00:25 PM

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2004, 05:55:45 PM »
Toad is a toadstool, and Bowser's probably a mix between a dragon and a turtle.

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2004, 09:04:42 PM »
I am posting in this thread to agree with Deezer.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2004, 09:09:07 PM »
I am posting in this thread to smite Deezer and agree with him at the same time.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Print