Print

Author Topic: contemplation.  (Read 10906 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2005, 10:53:50 PM »
I didn't watch the movie.  No offence, but I would rather watch a movie that teaches me something about Christ then watch him being tortured.  Also, I read some of the screenplay and didn't like the scene with the devil and the worm.  It didn't seem Biblical to me.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2005, 11:58:42 PM »
Like you two, I don't watch many movies, either. Unlike you, also don't play many games. Approximately all of my free time drains through my computer into the Internet. (But a DS could change that. . ? . . .) I'm curious to watch Super Size Me, though.

I go to a Presbyterian church, but I would not call myself "Presbyterian." I just like the church. There have been plenty of non-Presbyterian churches that I've liked, too. I really don't understand denominations all that well.

The Passion is my favorite movie of all time. I saw it twice in theaters, and I look forward to seeing it again. It is an extremely powerful experience, and sets me back in place. It reminds me what is truly important, and that most of the stuff I worry about and obsess over is not.

No offense taken. There are plenty of Christians who choose not to watch it for the same reason.

I don't know a lot about each detail of the movie, but I would say that as a whole, it is quite biblical. However, although I've read about 99% of the New Testament, I make no claim of being an authority on Scripture.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 12:55:47 AM »
Ah, denomination. I knew there was a better word than 'sect'. >_<

Super Size Me was a sad experience for me. It made my two friends I sometimes went to McDonald's with never want to go there again. But I still want to go. I have not been to McDonald's since!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 04:37:34 AM »
Then let's you and me go to McDonald's together at least once while we're in LA, okay? My goal with that movie is to watch it and then to continue eating fast food in spite of it. I would never want to eat the stuff on a daily basis, but I enjoy it whenever I have it.

If you're noticing the time of this post, don't think that I got up at 2:30 like a few days ago. This time I haven't gone to bed yet (just got back from the library, in fact). Yeah, for me college is all about every hour of the day being equally usable for waking or sleeping. No slumbering, though. Too many psycho late ours for my body to accept that one. Or something.

My and my Internet. Sheesh.

“Hey, lemme borrow your bike. C’mon, I’ll give you some chips.”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 10:54:51 PM »
I haven't had any McDonald's since my mom heard about the movie from some people we know.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2005, 08:16:35 AM »
Lets get back on topic.  I'm a screw-up!  Everything I do, say, I just screw everything up!  My whole life is a sham!  I mean, I cant even defend myself physically, when I'm threatened, I just take it.  This sucks, I dont know what to do.

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2005, 08:41:33 PM »
Eat some McDonald's.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »
C'mon, dude, I doubt that's true. I'm probably more of a screw-up than you are, to tell you the truth.

Anyway, I think it's interesting that so many people on here are Catholic; I am too.

--------------------------------------------

(Remainder of post deleted so I won't make enemies)

Edited by - smfan1085 on 2/20/2005 7:18:12 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2005, 11:01:17 PM »

Edited by - Nameneko on 2/22/2005 3:07:22 PM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2005, 12:45:16 AM »
2) Believes that Jesus was a prophet

^^
I was about to point this out myself.

Don't judge a religion by its fanatics, folks.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2005, 03:45:22 PM »
Now if this isnt the biggest screw-up of the day!!!  I'm at the mall, in the food cort, my Dad gives me a 20 to go to sub-way, because they were going to some cajun plce.  I get in line and the woman asks me what I want( She was pretty good looking)  Everything whent good untill the end.  She asks me if I wanted it for here, or to go.  Now I knew that we were going to eat in the mall, but I guess brain to mouth was out of buisness today!  I said "To go, no wait, for here."  About 10 times before I made a decision!  I felt so retarded!!!

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2005, 10:45:51 PM »
Don't worry about it. Just a slight embarrassment. I don't think you're retarded. You type well, for one thing.

----------------------------------------

(Remainder of post deleted.)

Edited by - smfan1085 on 2/24/2005 7:07:07 PM
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2005, 11:05:55 PM »
*urges the inevitable replies to the above post to make at least some effort to avoid blowing up incredulously and causing warfare*

In my thinking it is quite reasonable to request that people not judge a religion by its fanatics, but it isn't reasonable to expect that anyone will comply. For example, I believe that Christianity is the truth, but I understand perfectly well how the large number of hypocritical Christians out there would turn many others away from the faith. It makes me sad that this is how it works, but I couldn't really see it working any other way.

Why "e3"??

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2005, 11:22:17 PM »
To tell the truth, hymns from church are probably some of the best songs I know.  Like "Sheperd Me Oh God" and "On Eagle's Wings".  Those are spiritually uplifting for me.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2005, 11:35:29 PM »
I'm more spiritual uplifted by "Why, Mr. Anderson?" than by any hymn.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Print