Print

Author Topic: contemplation.  (Read 10893 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2005, 01:07:36 AM »
I'd have to go with Markio on this one, I'm afraid. Well, except that we don't sing hymns at the church services I go to. But it's close enough.

Why "e3"??

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2005, 03:49:25 PM »

Edited by - Nameneko on 2/22/2005 3:07:02 PM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2005, 09:20:47 PM »
I deleted parts of my earlier posts and made changes. Look back at them.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2005, 09:53:26 PM »
Luigison: I didn't watch the movie. No offence, but I would rather watch a movie that teaches me something about Christ then watch him being tortured. Also, I read some of the screenplay and didn't like the scene with the devil and the worm. It didn't seem Biblical to me.

You're right, it wasn't in the Bible.  But the cool thing is that it IS Biblical in a way because somewhere in the Bible it says "He shall bruise his head" (Jesus to the Devil) "and he shall bruise thy heal" (Jesus' foot).  So in a way, Jesus stomping on the snake's head was like a fulfillment of prophecy... in a way... sorta.  And the movie does teach about the character of Christ because not only do you see how he loves the people who are torturing him, but also you see a bunch of great flashbacks in his life with previous events.  The part with him and his mom was funny and also pretty touching.

I too want to see the Passion again. It's very hard to watch, but something about it just makes me love it a ton.  It must be the deep overall emotion of the movie and the extra creativity thrown in.  <spoiler> I thought that the part where the demonic children chased Judas in the field after he betrayed Jesus was incredibly freaky and brilliant at the same time.

While we're on the topic... has anyone read the Purpose-Driven Life yet?  Wow, talk about a life-changing book!  That is, if you believe everything it says, which I can understand if some don't.  Now life makes so much sense (and I'm driving with purpose)! :D

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 2/21/2005 10:35:50 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2005, 10:26:56 PM »

Edited by - smfan1085 on 2/24/2005 7:04:00 PM

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2005, 06:15:06 AM »
I just want to say thanks to everybody involved in this discussion, this is my first thread to hit half of a hundred.  But I still want to make that other half, so, keep posting!!!!

To continue our discussion, how do you make a religeon legal?

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2005, 05:05:47 PM »
No, it would probably be best if this thread was not replied in, no matter how productive or successful it might seem.  It seems to be apparent that religion is an extremely volatile topic that is better not discussed here.  If you feel the need to express your opinions of any religion, a religious forum might better suit your needs.

So that superstarMASIAH isn't left without an answer, it isn't necessary to legalize religion.  Unless any law states that you can not practice a certain religion, you can practice any religion that you want, whether it is a religion that has been around for thousands of years or one that you decided to create.

Also, I am now going to delete/edit all posts concerning religion in this thread that I have created (which should be all of them) so that I won't provoke any more people than I already have into joining in a religious debate.

Before I close this statement, I would like to suggest a few things:
1) Please DO NOT start or continue religious debates.
2) Please DO NOT say anything about ANY religion that MIGHT offend someone, no matter how much evidence you have behind it.  If you are about to press the "Reply To Topic" button and feel that you might have to edit something out, do it then.  If you feel that you might regret posting that message, don't post it.
3) If someone DOES state an opinion that you find disagreeable, please DO NOT begin a debate.  Sometimes, the best answer is no answer.
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2005, 05:47:04 PM »
Saint Steven with a rose,
in and out of the garden he goes.
Seashores washed by the sun and the roads,
been there so long he's got to calling it home.

So we dont waste this thread, lets turn it into, MY FAVORITE SONG LYRICS.

O world-egg, hear me.

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2005, 09:29:11 PM »
I don't see any problem with continuing to talk about religion in this thread, so long as nobody offends anybody and no debates are begun.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2005, 03:26:43 AM »
Chup, no need to worry. I can now tell you with certainty that Jim Caviezel is not Jesus. ;) He had to endure a ton of pain to play the part of Jesus, though.

Jim's talk tonight was in no way recorded (i.e. neither audio nor video) because the media likes to use everything he says to make him look bad. And it makes sense, being one of the awesome lessons taught by that film.

Yes, I just used the word "awesome."

Why "e3"??

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2005, 09:06:53 AM »
He endured 907184.74 grams of pain.  Awesome.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2005, 06:50:14 PM »
Was I banned?  Well, if this works, I guess not.

O world-egg, hear me.

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2005, 09:09:44 PM »
907184.74 grams?!  DUDE!  Poor guy.  How would you measure something like pain?  Sounds compicated.  Hey, Luigison, did you see what I wrote in my last post?  Just wanted to make sure you saw it.

I think that there should be no bit problem with talking about religion here.  I really like learning about new religions because I don't know much about any except for my own and like to hear what others believe.  And let's be honest this is a much safer topic than politics. :)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.  But I think we can all agree that Mario rules and that''s a fact!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2005, 09:32:04 PM »
No, not 907,184.74 grams. Luigison was taking a colloquialism I used and running with it. (And there's another one for ya.)

Why "e3"??

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2005, 09:36:41 PM »
*Revives topic*

NOTE: New people, there's no need for you to read this because you will not understand what I am talking about. It's about a religion-related discussion in this thread that was deleted.

You people who saw what I typed here a while ago: I've been thinking about this thread, I need to say this about the remarks I made concerning Islam. While at least some were true, I now see that they were certainly ill-judged, and that it was foolish of me to get involved. The fact that I started making them right after I identified myself as a Catholic might not reflect very well on my religion. I trust that no one here is so unreasonable as to blame Catholicism for my rashness. Some of you might think this is an insufficient reason to revive this topic, but I wanted to get this off my mind.

Incidentally, I wouldn't have gotten so vehement if certain people hadn't annoyed me. :P

Print