Print

Author Topic: n00bs Have Rights Foundation  (Read 7135 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2005, 07:22:24 AM »
That was an excellent post.

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2005, 08:30:35 AM »
I vote Nameneko for Smartest Poster of the Year.

''I am feeling fat, and sassy!''

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2005, 10:45:34 AM »
Indeed. Nameneko should write a handbook.

One thing to keep in mind: When Nameneko referred to "veterans," the word choice was extremely accurate. The FF's turbulent past has made some people a bit more incisive concerning irritations.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2005, 10:47:08 AM »
*lightly applauds*

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2005, 11:43:36 AM »
Yes indeed that was a good post.

Gah, 3009 posts already?!

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2005, 06:14:13 PM »
Thanks for the extra rules, Nameneko. Despite my veiws supporting the exact oppisite of what you wrote, I really think that post had some good points.

(This proves I'm not just doing this to create attention, just to see other's points.)

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2005, 03:26:54 AM »
ED__it: aah, why is everyone freakin' out about Nam's post? We've seen many like it, but I still applaud it, nonetheless.

"...and Trainman, that was the cruelest post I have ever read."

Cruel?!?! AHHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAH
OMG LOL LMBO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ROFFLE AHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAA

"Why should the old n00b's history reflect on us?"

As I already explained, TMK has had the bad history so when we see people getting uptight and/or being stupid we think "oh, deja vu all over again" and then we do something about it.

"Why?"

^read above response and we heard you the first ten times, my good sir.

"That's all I'm trying to say. Now does anyone agree with me?"

Um... no.

"I don't recall being rebellious."

Me neither. I never made an introductory thread either so led, etc. better not try and jump on that little oppurtunity to kill me.

"dude, why do you keep trying to diss ledzeppelinrocks by using some of his lame lines."

So we can pinpoint what we're giving points about instead of making it harder for the poser (figuring out which post it goes to, finding the post in the first place, etc.) Oh yeah, and nice way to back up your little buddy by calling his lines "lame." Yeah we can all do that... even you, because we're not morons.

"It's for reference, thank you."

Further backs up the ^above^ point.

"you guys are gonna start more than one flame war, trust me Ive been through more then one in my time."

Actually, most likely not because led is not a fool who is like "[wtd]ace y d00 j00 guyz giet mad at.. i mean wit mee?" He obviously has a brain and will not stoop down to that level of flaming. He even said he wants to avoid one. The vets here obviously don't want one either, so I doubt it. If anything, YOU'RE going to be the one starting the stupid flame war.

Also, what relevance did "trust me ive been through many" have in led's defense? First and foremost, who cares? Second, that just seemed like an attention grabber for a lame attempt to say "Yeah im cool im a net vet and i've been through flame wars, yah doggy g, im coo" or something foolish along those lines. Point of the matter: no one cares. We've all been through at least one.

"All im sayin is that your dissin someone by using their own lines, and by no means is that cool to anyone but you."

Um, ok.

"It’s not like you’re trying to beat a ton of people to make a comment."

Unless, of course, it's like "Name that Mario Game" or something.

"There’s no limit. If you can think of plenty of well-thought topic ideas, there should be no real problem. As for posting responses that actually have to do with the discussion, that’s just forum etiquette."

Although, there should be a limit common sense-wise because I remember when a select few made a topic about every little thing. I saw over 10 threads (13-15 I believe?) made by one person in one day with titles as dumb as "what's your take on captain crunch" then "how many fingers do you have" and "why does mario have a big nose" and why does mario have a mustache" and "why does mario have a hat" and "why is it red, then?" and "mario has a brother" and "if so, whats his name" and "does he have a mustache" and "does he have a hat, also?" and then "why is it that..." then you open the thread and it says "...oh, well, i dunno, i forgot."

"3. MOO! (I just had to say that.)"

Oh, yeah, and he freaks out about us being irrelevant.

"The ones that aren’t “written down” are mainly forum etiquette or just common sense."

GAH OMG, THANK YOU. A LOT of people just CAN'T grasp that common sense concept around here and mannerism.

led, I don't hate you by any means, but some of the things you're talking about are going just a bit too far. Take Forrest Gump's quote, "S*** happens." Just go with the flow and... flow.. over the.. bad, I guess.. I think... Anyway, trying to defend new guys around here that act stupid is just taking away possible respect from vets and other new guys alike. I'd just let it die down, let the dumb n00bs be banned, etc., and let the n00bs that are actually cool about things, like you seem to be, roam the forums as they please.

''THIS IS MY PHONE!
I AM ON THE PHONE!'' ~Jon

Edited by - Trainman on 3/27/2005 10:22:57 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print