Print

Author Topic: People are getting tired of Mario?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!  (Read 10782 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 03:33:27 PM »
TOADETTE LOVES TOAD!

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 5/23/2005 2:34:01 PM

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 03:43:37 PM »
What in the world...?

Random Anime Quote:
" They''ve drawn us awful carelessly."--Osaru (I think), Jubei-Chan episode 5.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 04:13:58 PM »
I think people are generally either leaving behind video games and going on to better things, or else they think it would be more appropriate to play more "mature" games, or else they just discovered something they like better.  A lot of the people I know DO like Mario, or at least remember playing those games.  The other day after PE I cut across the gym to go to my next class and noticed the piano onstage.  Arbitrarily(or perhaps because I am drawn to play pianos when I catch sight of one), I started playing the Mario themes, and this guy heard and made me play next time after class.  Another guy stopped and listened, and then the Gym teacher came out and listened for a second too. Everyone loves the Underground theme, it seems.  Then today, people were singing random songs at the end of PE in the locker room, and I started singing the pokerap, which I remember the beginning of.  Most people played or watched that show, and everyone left in the room sang the original theme song(" I wanna be, the very best...").

People move on from video games sometimes.  It's just a happy memory, unless they get into the Teen games.  Most people I know who don't remember Nintendo or don't like it are the ones who didn't have video games when they were younger and recently got their first console that wasn't Nintendo, usually a PS2.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 08:45:50 PM »
More appropriate to play "mature" games? If anyone thinks that, they must be dummies. At least if what you mean by "mature" is what I always mean when I put the word in quotes. And don't forget that Mario is really for all ages, not exclusively for little kids.

PS2 sure brings out the prejudice against the good old games in people, doesn't it?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 09:51:26 PM »
I used "mature" in quotations because it can either stand for the actually reating for the game since most of the games I was referring to are rated at more restricted levels than games rated for "everyone", and also because the image of playing "mature" games at an older age is being promoted as an image of solidarity among other teenagers, and to be accepted into the adolescent norm, one must act like the others to fit in, therefore abandoning any like for games that appear too pre-adolescent to still be considered part of the norm.  In conclusion, that is why I put "mature" in quotation marks.

I just noticed that you only have to change one letter to make "mature" into "manure".  Plus I blame the outlandishness of my response on the fact that I just watched an existentialist movie in which I got my new sig.  Take a look if you want:

Pure being is getting hit in the face by a kickball.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2005, 05:31:49 AM »
Only little boys who need to play their big boy macho games say that. Oh I want to pretend I can kill cops, and beat up women. I feel like such a MAN now.

Please. People who say Nintendo are dying out, are just little boys, who are mysogynistic and homophobic, and are afraid of women..so they need a video game to reassure them that they're big tough guys.

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2005, 05:33:59 AM »
Markio, and here I thought you put "mature" in quotations, to point out the irony that you can't be mature, if you think shooting zombies and beating up hookers is a good time game-wise. Well cause, that's why I put "mature" in quotations.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 11:31:40 AM »
I think we had another thread related to this discussion.

It's this one...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 07:33:59 PM »
Hey, shooting zombies is fun (at least in RE games, but then again in RE4, they aren't zombies).  Now shooting hookers, that's just sad that the gaming world is coming to that...
 n/a

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 08:37:57 PM »
Couldn't agree with you more, CharginChuck *nods head*. I'm not big on gore of any kind (violence up to a point I don't mind so much), but shooting and beating hookers is somehting else entirely.

Random Anime Quote:
" They''ve drawn us awful carelessly."--Osaru (I think), Jubei-Chan episode 5.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 05:54:04 AM »
I think many people like the violence/war/fighting game but there is no Mario games like that.
And many friends at my school (in thailand) say "Mario Games was Stupid" (oh no)
but anyway i still like it!

Edited by - thaiirin on 5/25/2005 4:55:10 AM
This is my signature!

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2005, 05:22:49 PM »
Yeah, I can see it now.  The next Mario game will star Mario (naturally) who can high-jack cars and kill everyone in the mushroom kingdom.  "Here We Go!....To Shoot A Hooker!"  SOMEhow, I don't think that is gonna happen (It's called sarcasm people).  Because if that kind of game DID come out, I'm sure that italian mustachio would lose millions of fans (including me).

It's the exciting stories, interesting plots, awesome jumping, and pure innocence of two plumbers taking on a giant turtle that makes the games great.

Why don''t they just give the stupid rabbit some Trix?  
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2005, 05:43:06 PM »
I will always love Mario and that'll never change!!! I know this person in high school whop played Mario games like I do. A few days later...girls were all over me for who I was. Living a life of a Mario fan is a extrodainary one.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2005, 11:14:48 AM »
I'm a Nintendo fan, but I'm not a Sony hater, I have friends who own PS2s and XBOXes.
So I know why most people don't like Mario. They don't hate Mario because of the Mario adventure games, RPG games or Racing.
They hate it because of those Mario Party that come out everyear, and those Mario sports games:
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Baseball
that DDR with Mario game
that Mario Soccer game
and I could go on and on. Why not make a Mario Sport game were you have all of those games in 1. Stop using Mario in every game.

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2005, 09:34:12 PM »
I wouldn't even play a sports game unless it had Mario or some similar character in it. Mario is the best!

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Print