Print

Author Topic: I'm sizziling mad  (Read 9760 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 09:34:14 PM »
"Hey Black Mage, wasn't it you who pasted that picture of a creepy tree thingy in my story, MArio And The Golden Mushroom, and if so, why?"

That was an Ent, and if you look through your post, I'm sure you'll see why.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 11:18:54 AM »
Yes, but if you ever watch any TV interview, whenever they ask for a person's favorite video gam esystem, the question is ALWAYS worded "X-Box or PS2?" GameCube is never even mentioned.

That said, people are entitled to their own opinions. If someone thinks Wario Ware is crap, so be it. Their opinion. I didn't like Halo very much when I played it. I mean, it's a well-made game, but FPSs just do not interest me at all. Most people would think that's blasphemous. Then again, I have had age run-ins in the past (I remember the day I got M&L: SS when the clerk told me "Aren't you too old for Mario games?" -- I essentially replied "Wait! I guess so!" and got the game at the Target across the street.) with people telling me I'm too old for Nintendo. You know what? [explitive] them. I was afraid to get a GameCube in my early years of high school because I was afraid of people's reactions (Well, that and it was a shallow school). Looking back three years, I realise that I wasn't all that mature back then, I guess. Now, I don't care what people my age think of me, because most of the time their comments have little to no weight anyways.

Might want to spell-check your posts before you post them, also. Just a bit of friendly advice.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 12:09:55 PM »
they probably never played Wario ware twisted.

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 12:38:53 PM »
"I essentially replied "Wait! I guess so!" and got the game at the Target across the street."

Stellar.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 03:40:28 PM »
MarioBros2: "YOU got fun little story of mario but hav it ent......."

ENT!  Is that why?  I see now!  (Sorry people who are talking about Gamecube and stuff, I just had to clear this up).
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 09:15:43 AM »
I know what you meen I.S.  I buy nintendo aparell all of the time.  People used to say to me "Get a life!" and I would try to come up with a smart remark.  But now, I just dont give them a reply anymore!  Because I know, if they really knew the way I feel about Mario, they'd just leave me to myself.

Al Pacino came out of the theater...  Bruce Willis came out of the T.V...  But Mel Gibson, came out of nowhere.
I only watch [adult swim]

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 10:34:11 AM »
I think that as long as you enjoy what you are doing, and it is not hurting yourself or anyone, Good for you. Do your own thing, and don't listen to the "crowd." Who cares if you like nintendo or Playstation or whatever, just have fun. Life is way to short to argue about stupid things like this.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 05:10:50 PM »
Also, look at the "crowd". They're never happy. They're too busy trying to look "cool" to everyone. Forget what all those losers think. If they want to be cool instead of having real fun, then so be it. But I know I'm just the opposite. I do what I think is fun and I don't worry what anybody else thinks. (Of course, if you think bad things are fun, then that might not be a good idea :P )

Edited by - goodie on 6/20/2005 4:11:48 PM
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 05:34:19 PM »
> "when the clerk told me "Aren't you too old for Mario games?" -- I essentially replied "Wait! I guess so!" and got the game at the Target across the street."

That's awesome.

Me, I've never had any problem with this stuff. All my friends in high school (most, if not all of them, being hardcore gamers) had Cubes and GBAs. Some had more systems (usually PS2s, and one dude who had all three) but everyone just agreed that Nintendo was far superior. Maybe it's because we played so much multiplayer.

At the GameStop I usually go to in my college's town, the clerks are friendly and I've purchased stuff like Pokemon plenty of times with no comment. One of the main employees brings his Cube to the store to demo his newer Nintendo games, since their kiosk seems always out of date.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 09:30:21 PM »
Vidgmchtr, I can't believe you are saying that same thing again.

Those dummies who diss the Cube may be entitled to their (crazy) opinions, but they are not exactly entitled to make false factual statements, like that the GCN is for toddlers. As for freedom of speech, which I did a less good job than I would have liked of arguing about in that other topic, I believe I am better equipped now to explain why the First Amendment does not apply to such matters as these. So if anyone's interested, I'll set forth these reasons. (Note that this post is not meant to start an argument of any kind, and that I do not intend at any future time to be rude to other members, like I was in that other topic.)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 09:46:39 PM »
 I would be interested in hearing why the First Amendment does not protect the expression of people's opinions.

Because, if I feel that the GameCube's games cater more to toddlers, that is certainly my opinion.

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 09:54:05 PM »
When I bought Kirby Canvas Curse, my Dad was like "That's a little kids game!" The End.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 10:29:17 PM »
If you feel that black mage then why the heck are you here and Xbox is for toddlers too I saw this kid who was 4 years old that played halo

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 10:31:54 PM »
I think "Mature" PS2 and Xbox games are designed for "immature" teen and pre-teens who enjoy violence and laugh at bodily functions.

That's my opinion.  Market research may deny or back up that opinion, but nothing in the constitution says anything about a persons believes being based on fact.

Blue is a color.  Three is a number.  Those are facts, but I would not argue with you if you said that blue is the best color and the number three sucks.   Those are opinions.

</rant>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 10:32:49 PM »
 White Arrow, I don't feel that way. I was simply stating that if that was my view, than it is my opinion.

Print