Poll

If Nintendo refused to publish Spin-offs, would some people start to dislike Mario?

Yes
18 (58.1%)
No
13 (41.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Print

Author Topic: Changing Mario's ways...  (Read 9272 times)

« on: December 09, 2005, 04:49:23 PM »
If Nintendo stopped publishing Mario spin-offs, would They lose Mario fans? This includes Mario Kart, SSB, Mario Party, and Luigi/Peach/whatever games.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:51:43 PM »
I think so. Because if there were no spinoffs, there would be only two or three Mario games for each system, and plus, I know some diehard Mario spin-off fans. Like, they don't play the original games, but they're all about the spin-offs.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:57:44 PM »
The spin-offs were easier then the EA games, which attracted video game beginners. They had a style and personality that many gamers loved. Besides, they were a great party games, c'mon, who never had a SSBM party? But it IS getting out of hand. What next, Mario Football?
Most Wishy-Washy

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 05:20:15 PM »
I voted yes, but I don't think people will dislike Mario, they'll just be mad that there aren't anymore MK games coming out(personally I could stand that as long as I had MK:DD).

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 08:41:43 AM »
I chose no because if you where a true mario fan like me , you would still like him.

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 11:59:07 AM »
This is a good question. I think it all comes down to how likes what. For the people who love a good ol' platformer, then I think they would enjoy seeing the spin-off's trashed. Vice versa for the Kart and Party junkies. I would miss the spin-off's, just because some of the idea's are down right awesome.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 12:44:12 PM »
Ever since Mario Party 7 came out I have seen so many people buying it, they obviously were not farmiliar with Mario (For what ever reason that might be.), for most of you hate the the almost quadropled seiries, or at least not like what they are doing with it, sorry, but with that expereince, I'll have to say no.
I'm a horrible person.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 12:49:54 PM »
I think some might dislike it, but maybe not quit Mario games. Then again, a lot of Mario games are like this post asked. Not many originals. Where's the nostalgia?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 01:15:20 PM »
Not many originals. Where's the nostalgia?
WTD, that doesn't make any sense at all.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 01:19:11 PM »
Mario Party/Super Princess Peach: No.
SSB/Mario Kart: YES.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 02:59:09 PM »
Hey, SPP looks awesome, dude. I am so going to buy that game. Besides, I'm pretty sure it'll be mainstream, NOT spin-off.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 04:39:48 PM »
Like, totally righteous, dude! I meant that I want the nostalgia! Bring it on!!!!!!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 05:33:13 PM »
Heeeeeey, I'm DUDE!

Some ideas would be great to scrap, ie. Mario Party. There is just WAY too many.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »
I would still be a mario fan, even though they would make no more spinoffs. Nintendo & Mario all the way!
Loyal nintendo fan since 1991! WTMK Is the best radio station EVER! Super Mario will never die!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 07:46:03 PM »
Well, it's a tie. 8 votes for yes and 8 votes for no. As for me, I voted no.

Print