Print

Author Topic: The best year of my life (when was yours?)  (Read 2519 times)

« on: January 01, 2006, 03:02:31 PM »
Dude! I don’t know about you but for me this has been a really terrific year.  I can’t believe how good it’s been.  So many fun experiences.  I’ll be more than happy to tell you about them soon (not now because you might get scared out of your whole mind) but first I’ll just ask you the questions. (I) When was the best time(s) of your life?  Not just in 2005 (II) What’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you or you’ve ever done? And (III) what’s the greatest/coolest thing you’ve always wanted to do, possible or impossible? And just for fun… what New Year’s Eve resolutions do you plan to break right away?  Only answer the questions you want to.

Before I begin, I have to mention a little thing. Remember in Watoad’s “Amazing Unexperiences” thread when I mentioned something about having an idea kind of like his?  This is that topic.  Woo-hoo.

Now for my own huge account.  You may remember a lot of these things I said.  2005: Y.R.’s Year of Awesome

Favorite memories of the year (in order even, I think):
(1) Got my driver’s license today… hooray!  And I only failed once before that! (because of a stupid bad last-minute yellow light decision)
(2) Fifth draws a great picture of my character, Yoshisaurus Rex, that I’m now using for my avatar.  Thanks again, man.
(3) For a birthday present, Grandma got me the Mega Man Anniversary Collection and this was the first time I ever played a Mega Man game.  Na-na-na-na-nuh, nuh-na-na-na-nuh (na-nuh-na)!
(4) One of my best birthday parties, with just me and my Dad.  He drove me around and we did fun stuff that I wanted to do like go to Best Buy, a large book store (where I got a FoxTrot comic), and Game Stop (where I played Donkey Kong Jungle Beat finally).  We also ate at IHOP for the first time and that was so delicious!  Slobberin’ good!
(5) At an amusement park I won a Sonic doll and got a caricature of myself for the first time.  I also threw up for the first time after going on a ride (o 8(X O)
(6) I finally got a cell phone, a debit card, and opened a checking account (maybe I should have done that sooner).  I also lost my allowance though because the phone plan costs $15 a month and usually I get $10 a month.
(7) Got my first very own personal computer, an E-machine!!  So long, Windows 98. XP  This computer also lets me listen to WTMK from Media Player unlike the last one and that’s pretty sweet.
[8] Star Wars III, baby!
(9) Best job ever!  I worked at a camp in another town and earned money for college, stayed in a cabin, read some good books, watched some good DVDs, rode a horse, swam in a big pool, spent an entire day with my roommate on the road, played Donkey Konga and Smash Bros with my other roommate, acted in great drama for the first time in a long time, grew out my side burns a little for the first time #^_^#, and made a lot of great new friends and memories with them.  This alone was the best part of the whole year.
(10) Got that green 1-up T-shirt I wanted so bad.  Also got my first Sonic shirt; a cool black Sonic X T-shirt for $10.
(11) My family went to our state fair for the first time!
(12) Went to my first water park with my brother and grandma.  Better than awesome!
(13) Fun college classes this year: Had “Exploring Music” (history of music and composers) and two online computer classes, which are all things I love.  On the other hand, Biology almost sucked the life out of me.  But I did learn quite a lot from that and it was funny how many times I thought about episodes of The Magic School Bus when I studied certain subjects.
(14) Sonic X season 3 begins!  Maybe I didn’t need to mention this.
(15) Learn about the Revolution and the controller and experience first horror and then huge excitement (and we are still waiting for that!)
(16) Some time in October I have my 1-year anniversary at the Fungi Forums.  And then in November… we get a new message board that makes many of our dreams come true.  Do the Mario! (E I)Xo{D
(17) A friend’s relative who used to play for the Panthers moved over to the Bears.  According to the friend, this guy said he was training as hard as he could so that he beat his old team when they played each other (just to show them how much he had improved).  On Sunday, Nov. 20, the Bears played the Panthers and the Bears won!  I felt so happy and fortunate that I could see that (because I hardly ever watch foot ball) and felt happy for the guy too.  But I do feel sorry for you Panthers fans.
(18) For Christmas I got Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, my first DDR game (and first Mario game for GC)!  At first I didn’t think I would like it but then I tried playing on Hard and found out how fun it can get.  And the music… almost every song is great.  As soon as I learn how to play without hurting my left foot I bet I’ll like this game even more.  Se-quel!  Se-quel! 
(19) The day after I finish reading the first Chronicles of Narnia book, Grandma takes my brother and I to see the movie!  That was so good.  Not at all safe, but very good.

Even though I said that this year was really good, it actually wasn’t my best year.  Did I fool you there?  Ha ha.  The best year of my life was a long time ago, and it involves religion so I don’t know if it would be polite/proper to say it or not.  But I hope this can turn out to be more than just a guy blabbing about his life and that others can find things to talk about too.  I’m just too excited and thankful to keep this stuff to myself you know!  (=(:  )|)

Now I want to hear what you have to say!  And hope that this isn’t my worst idea ever.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 09:05:15 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »
1998 was the best year for me because I got to go to St. Louis (I lived in North Eastern Pennsylvania at the time), played Yoshi's Story, got to go to a New Year's eve party in Allentown, got a Game Boy Color (it doesn't work anymore) and many more things. Also fortunately, I didn't even know that Sonic the Hedgehog existed in 1998, an advantage for me. I even got to go to Hershey Park.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 03:19:16 PM by Yoshi55 »
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 04:14:53 PM »
2005 might have been the best year for me. Here's a few things I can remember in no particular order.

Went to New York for a week, which got me out of School
Lost my old DS but got a new one, which is funny now that I think of it
Christmas got me 2 DS games that I wanted pretty badly
Tried a Moon Pie for the first time
Was introduced to www.homestarrunner.com
Revolution news leaking out into the world
I think it was this year that I got channels on the TV in my room.
The egg nog milkshake from Jack-in-the-Box that I missed out on last year
Joined the FF of course
Grew taller than my dad and my mom
Satellite internet
Best birthday I've had in a loooong time
I think it was 2005 when the Target, Coldstone & Gamestop were built here, but I might be wrong
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was made a book
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was made a movie

I can't really think of anything else...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »
I'd have to say 2003, because nothing came to mind that was bad when I thought of that year.  I better not think about it now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 05:22:09 PM »
I don't remember enough about any year to make one "best" year. Every year has its ups and downs, at least that is how I feel.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 06:27:21 PM »
The best time of my life? Fall 2004, no doubt. For the first time in my life, I felt like I fit in somewhere. New school, new friends, new outlook on life. It was great. My friends and I have great memories from that time.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 06:33:16 PM »
I don't remember enough about any year to make one "best" year. Every year has its ups and downs, at least that is how I feel.

*Salutes Koopaslaya*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 08:29:28 PM »
I agree with that too.  In 2004 my friends bought me my platinum GameCube and you can imagine how much I loved that.  And I could go through some highlights from other years but I think one year is enough.

Now how about those impossible wishes?  I would like to have giant wings so I could fly over the whole world.  Or maybe huge fins and gills so I could swim through the whole ocean.  No wait... wings, fins, gills, plant skin to breath with photosynthesis, fast running, high jumping, and pheremones to make me more attractive to women!  That should cover it.

And NYR, I plan to annoy my brother just as much as last year, waste just as much time on the internet, and become even weirder than I am now.

Yoshi55: Hershey Park?  Sweet.  Is that the amusement park?  What's it like? (probably not made of all chocolate like I imagine)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 08:40:20 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 08:51:01 PM »
i think 1997 was the best year for me. i got to go to phili and i went to disneyland without my sisters (hooray!) and i had a good time. i have no idea why i choose '97. im wierd. earlier this year was my worse. someone did something scandelous to me and i have not forgiven them to this day
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print