Print

Author Topic: why do so many mario fans hate sonic?  (Read 19514 times)

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »
What about Mario with Sonic in a Kingdom Hearts game? It was Disney and Final Fantasy together.

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2006, 07:36:45 PM »
Something about Sonic in an RPG seems...not right. I think the only game I could possibly see Mario and Sonic coexisting in would be a fighting game, though I don't want third party characters in Super Smash Bros. Ever.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2006, 08:53:17 PM »
Sonic is awesome. He's not an enemy to Mario in anyway. Good to see you again Martini.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2006, 10:39:29 AM »
Thanks Paperluigi. It's good to talk to everyone again.

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2006, 11:20:09 AM »
Oops, I didn't read far enough into this. Of course, it make one wonder what would happen if either of the two nover existed.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

mario2_gold

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2006, 12:21:35 PM »
okay martini, I went far back in pages in the story boards and I saw your story mario in the toilet or something and I saw the stuff you wrote. Now I'm scared of you. And you had alot of names.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 12:24:09 PM by mario2_gold »
{fosters}

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2006, 12:23:16 PM »
oh, you mean that long speach I said when I was arguing with everyone? yeah, I had anger problems.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2006, 02:06:08 AM »
So you are the same Martini that got banned over and over again? You've matured since then.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2006, 08:21:10 AM »
yeah, I'm a year older from then.Now, I've gotten a little more mature.

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2006, 08:32:46 AM »
Oops, I didn't read far enough into this. Of course, it make one wonder what would happen if either of the two nover existed.

Pokemon or Zelda probably would've been (more) popular.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2006, 04:53:24 PM »
I've enjoyed both Mario and Sonic.  I used to watch the old Sonic cartoons a lot when they were on Toon Disney.  However, Sonic didn't adapt to the 3D realm as well as Mario.  Some of the recent games of that franchise are decent, but they don't live up to their 2D predecessors.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2006, 07:51:46 PM »
Sonic, the guy (or hedgehog, whatever) just bugs me.  Why?  Because of his constantly cocky attitude, and how he's always like:  "Haha, yeah.  That's right Tails, I AM cool, and I make cool comments all the time, and Eggman's fat!  *wink and thumbs up*"  He's just annoying!  The complete opposite of Mario.  Tails gets on my nerves as well, but that's just because of his high-pitched voice in the cartoon.  What happened to his awesome british-sounding dull kind of voice??!  "Sonic, we're losing altitude!"  I loved it when he said that in Sonic Adventures.....
So what I'm saying, is, I don't like Sonic as a hedgehog, but I think his games are pretty fun (some, any way)...... and Tails should have his old voice back. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2006, 07:53:12 PM »
I love Sonic and Mario.

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2006, 07:58:55 PM »
I think a lot of the hate stems from the SNES-Genesis days, when fierce loyalties to each system were around.  It was like if you had a Sega, you were supposed to love Sonic and hate Mario, and vice versa on the SNES.

Sonic games are pretty good, but Shadow the Hedgehog... not even cool.  Think about it, a Sonic game with guns?
 n/a

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2006, 04:11:03 PM »
In my opinion, it woulda been better, had it been an actual shooter. I mean, it's really just that: a Sonic game with guns. Guns + Sonic ripoff + going really really fast = poo. However, Guns + Sonic ripoff + lots of enemies + slower pace (but fast action) = radical. Can't argue with the math.
every

Print