Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1727019 times)

« Reply #2130 on: April 10, 2007, 03:46:27 PM »
Global warming definitely exists and there is hardcore evidence to support it. The only somewhat debatable thing is how much humans are contributing and how much is a natural cycle. But humans are definitely contributing.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2131 on: April 10, 2007, 05:19:34 PM »
50 years ago people were freaking out because there was hardcore evidence to support the idea that we were going into a new ice age.
That didn't happen either.
Not saying the climate doesn't change, but if it does, it sure changes back too.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2132 on: April 10, 2007, 08:49:31 PM »
No, I meant Global Warming does not exist since it doesn't, because there is really no conclusive evidence to support the crackpot theory.
Global warming definitely exists and there is hardcore evidence to support it. The only somewhat debatable thing is how much humans are contributing and how much is a natural cycle. But humans are definitely contributing.
I'm with Lizard Dude on this one, but there are a lot of things to consider.  Cities are warming faster than rural areas.  This increase in surface temperature in the cities is probably not from carbon dioxide in the atmosphere since the air tends to be a fluid and not stay over most cities like a green house roof.  The unequal heating of the city may be due to the surface being paved/concreted over and the fact that there are a lot of waste heat producing machines in the city.  If you look at the surface temperatures versus carbon dioxide in the atmosphere you might find that the increase in surface temperature actually precedes the build up of carbon dioxide.  Heh, we need to build roads to drive our cars on and parking lots to park them in before when can have the cars there to produce more carbon dioxide.  Atmospheric temperature is a better gauge to measure global warming by.  It is increasing too, but by a smaller rate.  Also, air pollution is bad, but not all air pollution leads to global warming like carbon dioxide does.  Some air pollutants actually hinder the warming of the air by blocking some of the light/IR radiation.  Cars, industry, and slash and burning the rain forests aren't the only culprits in global warming either.  Cow farts may be one of the biggest pollutants.  Eating steak and drinking cow's milk may be just as bad for the environment as driving a car.  I don't know.  This is just a rambling rant of what I thought of off the top of my head. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2133 on: April 10, 2007, 09:12:01 PM »
Luigison presents some good points. And those cow farts really are messing up the enviroment. It's a lose-lose situation, 'cause they'll fart if we do nothing, and if we eat 'em, we fart cow.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2134 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:20 PM »
Golbal Warming must have forgotten about Cleveland this past week. I had over 8 inches of snow on Easter.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2135 on: April 11, 2007, 12:40:57 AM »
Global warming has got to be real. You can't argue with the data... unless it came from Wikipedia. :PBut the ice caps melting and stuff like that is evidence enough.
The cow statement... you gotta believe that cows are polluting. In this town, which is as aggy as they come, the sky is only truly blue after a good rainy day. The rest of the time it looks like the sky over Kokiri Forest but without the little light balls everywhere.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2136 on: April 11, 2007, 01:17:17 AM »
Wow, really cloudy place you live in, BP (I love how this looks: BP)

Well, in this city in which I reside, it's blue on days that are sunny and cloudy a lot, lately. Crazy weather for crazy So.Cal. The weather alert is blinking *checks* Oh! Coastal Flood warning for Santa Barbara County!

Oh yeah, that's my angst. The stupid light won't stop blinking but I feel I need to know the weather sooo...whatever.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2137 on: April 11, 2007, 09:25:50 AM »
Funny you say that; right now where I live it's raining like the apocalypse. I noticed that the neighbor's mailbox is getting really wobbly and likely to get blown away.

EDIT: Holy crap! There it goes! Seriously, it just blew away!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:30:44 AM by Glorb »
every

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2138 on: April 11, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »
pix plz

« Reply #2139 on: April 11, 2007, 11:28:21 PM »
California (particularly San Francisco, but still generally California) has the highest gas prices in the United States.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2140 on: April 12, 2007, 01:01:18 AM »
California has the highest amount of things that aggravate me in the United States.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2141 on: April 12, 2007, 01:02:19 AM »
But GAS my friend! Gas is almost $4 here! We soon won't be able to afford to take that road trip to New Mexico this summer!

« Reply #2142 on: April 12, 2007, 02:48:07 AM »
But aren't other countries at like $7 per gallon?

I have no angst currently, just felt like being a part of this.  Carry on.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #2143 on: April 12, 2007, 05:29:29 AM »
It's funny, my teacher said the gas situation is backwards in Iraq. Water costs like $4 a gallon there, while Gas is like, $0.50 a gallon. HE said that a friend of his was in Iraq, and when he stopped to a place to clean off his tires, they used gas instead of water, it was cheaper.

« Reply #2144 on: April 12, 2007, 10:42:58 PM »
The wind blew trash into my eyes and knocked out the electricity and the internet was hard to get back up.

Print