Print

Author Topic: What Amuses You?  (Read 18372 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2006, 12:50:34 AM »
Ohhh, I don't know about my geometry teacher. I can barely hold in my laughter. I'll tell you why.
1. Her name is Ms. Couch, for one.
2. She gives us 5-a-days, but they're typically 4 or 6 problems, and only once has it been 5.
3. There are prize drawings on firdays (you get tickets if you're working/done with your 5-a-day when the tardy bell rings). The prize "box" is CYLINDRICAL!!
4. Guess she likes smelly breath, she won't allow gum chewing in her class (which is the period directly after lunch.)
So I'm here, thinking "Do I really want to be taught math by such an illogical person?"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »
That kind of a coincidence.  My algebra teacher is a huge fan of cartoons like The Simpsons and Family Guy.  He tends to talk about them once in a while, which is kind of amusing.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2006, 01:59:46 PM »
My calculus teacher is an enormous Star Wars fan. He's amusing in general because he looks old but acts half his age (30-something).

Jman

• Score
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2006, 03:23:03 PM »
Small towns in Colorado, and anywhere else for that matter, amuse me.  My favorite small town is Buena Vista, Colorado.  This is mostly because of K's, an exclusive ice cream shop that makes the greatest strawberry shake ever, in my opinion.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2006, 08:26:39 PM »
Didn't Luigison once say he was going to put Mario magnets on his teaching board?  If he didn't, then I'm going to sound pretty dumb. ^___^

Bird Person: Grammar Queen? *snickers* Heh... what the dukar?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:30:20 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2006, 08:33:35 PM »
Didn't Luigison once say he was going to put Mario magnets on his teaching board?
Yes, I said and did it.  I also used some kids/happy meal Mario toys in a few lessons.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2006, 08:43:23 PM »
What subject or grade do you teach?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2006, 09:09:37 PM »
Arrgh.  I there should be a place in the profile summary for an about me paragraph or if the search worked I'd link you to other places I'd answer the same questions. 

Anyway, I teach high school 10th trrough 12th grade science.  Physics, chemistry, Earth, and physical science.

Edit:  Right now I'm taking the first semester (ends mid Jan) off to take care of Hannah (and my wife).
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2006, 09:11:05 AM »
Didn't Luigison once say he was going to put Mario magnets on his teaching board?  If he didn't, then I'm going to sound pretty dumb. ^___^

That just gave me an idea...for a song pardoy!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2006, 12:43:29 PM »
It's from #tmk. I said I should be the Grammar Nazi once. Then Bird Person said that if I was the Grammar Nazi, then he'd be Grammar Hitler. Anyway, I'm still waiting for Grammar Bowser to kidnap me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2006, 07:30:35 PM »
I rarely laugh, but not because I think it's obsolete or anything.

Print