Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33854 times)

« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2006, 08:10:18 PM »
DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT! SHOWS HAVE A PURPOSE!!! AND A PORPOISE!!!
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »
Yes, and that purpose is for us to sit and watch them while we kill time.

« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2006, 08:22:12 PM »
Well, that is a purpose. But it's not a porpoise. Please go find me a porpoise for the TV shows.

Run along now. Spit spot.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2006, 08:24:56 PM »
I'm agreeing with SushieBoy, I'm pretty ticked that anyone would consider Pokemon stupid.

I voted Spongebob and Other. Spongebob was the only one that I had seen and (c/w)ould call stupid.

Sorry GG, but Spongebob is a WAY more intellegent show than Pokemon. Pokemon is the same thing over and over again, and quite frankly, it's driving me nuts.

Pokemon: 1. Ash and friends befriend some new Pokemon trainer.
2. Team Rocket tries to steal the Pokemon.
3. Pikachu does a thundershock and defeats TR.
4. Ash has a Pokemon battle and wins.

Spongebob is something different every time. Now I know I'm gonna get heck for this, but I'm sure if you guys would watch MORE than one episode of Spongebob, you'd see it would be funny at times. I can't see how someone could go an entire episode without at least laughing at something.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2006, 08:36:02 PM »
Uh-Oh, you have angrered the dragon! (most likely)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2006, 08:37:38 PM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 08:42:50 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2006, 08:42:33 PM »
I never did!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2006, 08:43:20 PM »
Vid did!(That rhimes!)
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2006, 08:51:01 PM »
Invader ZIM is faaaar from dumb.It is my favorite cartoon currently.

The fairly odd parents must and I repeat MUST die.

Kids Next door is the dumbest show on Cartoon network.

Fosters home for imaginary friends is garbage as far as I'm concerned.

I remeber this other show called chalk zone.Now THAT show is incredibly dumb.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2006, 10:30:15 PM »
Fosters? Garbage?

Now I'm just going to pretend no one ever said that, although I will admit it's inferior to Mr. McCracken's other show, The Powerpuff Girls.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2006, 10:44:01 PM »
Vid did!(That rhimes!)

I didn't. Invader ZIM is a favorite of mine. I insulted your less-than-intelligent post before, not ZIM. :P
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2006, 11:23:53 PM »
When you think about it, ALL shows are pointless. They're just there to kill time.
"When you think about it," some shows provide interesting food for thought and interesting points for thoughtful discussion. I render your statement invalid.
That was a joke.

« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2006, 07:41:31 AM »
...but I'm sure if you guys would watch MORE than one episode of Spongebob...

I did watch more than one. I have a valid opinion. And that's all my vote is, an opinion. I'm not telling Spongebob fans to stop watching it. I'm just saying that I don't like it. That's all.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2006, 08:01:25 AM »
The old episodes of Spongebob were good, when Spongebob sounded more manly and the jokes were funny. Newer Spongebob episodes have a, dare I say it, girly-sounding Spongebob, there are no funny jokes, and everything they create nowadays has already been done! Spongebob= going down the pooper very fast.

Billy and Mandy= Again, the older episodes were better, but sometimes a good ole funny episode, like the recent "Be A-Fred, Be Very A-Fred," will pop up. It may be a little gory, and very random, but that's humorous to me. I just wish more episodes were like "The Keeper of the Reaper." Billy and Mandy= heading toward the pooper.

The Simpsons= One more time, the older episodes were hilarious, the newer ones aren't getting any better. The Simpsons have lost that special something that makes it funny to watch and spit Coca-Cola out of your nose. It's sad to see such a brilliant show go down the pooper after all of these happy years. The Simpsons= going down the pooper.

Squirrel Boy= Come on. Just come on.

Overall, I think a lot of today's cartoons that were once very popular are, as I've put, "going down the pooper." It seems if the writers would stick to what they used to make so well instead of changing everything good about the show, then many of today's cartoons wouldn't be rolling down the never-ending hill of bad ideas. I'm afraid I can't really enjoy many cartoons these days as I used to be able to. *Mr.Melee watches some Space Ghost Coast to Coast episodes and Dexter's Laboratory episodes*
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2006, 09:23:42 AM »
Invader ZIM is faaaar from dumb.It is my favorite cartoon currently.

The fairly odd parents must and I repeat MUST die.

Kids Next door is the dumbest show on Cartoon network.

Fosters home for imaginary friends is garbage as far as I'm concerned.

I remeber this other show called chalk zone.Now THAT show is incredibly dumb.

First off, Squirrel Boy, My Gym Parnters a Monkey and Camp Lazlo are all dumber than KND. Second, Fosters is one of the last good shows left on CN. Third, don't diss Chalk Zone. It was a lot better than what's on these days. I was actually able to relate to the main character of that show and it inspired me to continue drawing(like most of the cartoons of those days).

Print