Poll

Which cartoon do you hate? You may choose 2.

Spongebob Squarepants
6 (10.2%)
Danny Phantom
10 (16.9%)
Pokemon
6 (10.2%)
Camp Lazlo
10 (16.9%)
Billy and Mandy
5 (8.5%)
Codename: Kids Next Door
9 (15.3%)
Japanese Anime
3 (5.1%)
Other
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: What are your dumbest cartoons?  (Read 33727 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2006, 03:10:14 PM »
I watched Ed, Edd and Eddy once and it was infuriatingly pointless.

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2006, 03:10:27 PM »
I used to like Ed, Edd and Eddy.......but it really began to repeat itself after 20 episodes or so.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:12:14 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2006, 05:29:58 PM »
Nintendo Bros., I can understand it if you want us to respect your opinions and all, but theres one thing that bothers me. You hate anime and stuff but you never actuallu stated why. It's one thing to not like something for a reason, but you gave no reason other than: "I hate it, now except my opinion". That's pretty ignorant.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2006, 05:37:28 PM »
The the I learned from watching bits of Ed, Edd and Eddy is that quarters are worth, like, 10 million dollars each.

I don't much like that cartoon, either. Props to the person who brought it up in the discussion. So obscenely predictable.

Generally, swearing otu a moderator is not the best way to state a point you make. Just advice for the future.
~I.S.~

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:43 PM »
Nintendo Bros., I can understand it if you want us to respect your opinions and all, but theres one thing that bothers me. You hate anime and stuff but you never actuallu stated why. It's one thing to not like something for a reason, but you gave no reason other than: "I hate it, now except my opinion". That's pretty ignorant.

For the last time, I hate it beacuse it's so predictable.
There is one cartoon that iskinda a anime and that is The Boondocks.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2006, 05:41:48 PM »
You hate Pokemon because it's predictable, right? Well so do I, but what about anime in general? You never said why you hated that.

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2006, 06:06:37 PM »
What is it that makes it predictable to you?

(BTW, the Boondocks was created in the U.S. It's not anime though it was drawn in a style that could make someone mistake it for anime.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 06:08:15 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2006, 08:57:39 PM »
Yeah... the logical fallacy is still there, that since Pokemon is predictable, therefore all anime is predictable, which is false.
I'll give you predictable, how about Scooby-Doo?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:02:02 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2006, 09:55:42 PM »
Most formulaic cartoon ever.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2006, 11:29:08 PM »
Scooby-Doo may be predictable, but at least it's "teaching" to not accept everything.  In my opinion too many cartoons have ghosts, gods, devils, mythical creatures, etc. that are always accepted.  A certain amount of suspension of disbelieve and fantasy are healthy, but many young kids don't know well enough to tell real from fantasy.  I also hate it when educational videos, cartoon or otherwise, teach fantasy creatures like unicorns and/or company mascots along with real things.  Maybe I'm being to harsh because of my soon to arrive daughter, but meh.  I mean, after all, I do tell "stories".  So take this post with a grain of salt, or for that matter, a whole life-size Tonka truck of Disney brand salt.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2006, 09:08:17 AM »
Uh, Luigison, why does your CT say 'banned'? How can a mod get banned?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2006, 04:19:02 PM »
Uh, Luigison, why does your CT say 'banned'? How can a mod get banned?
1. See my most recent post in the pointless topic.  2. I'm a story teller.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2006, 12:46:35 PM »
I actually liked Ed, Edd & Eddy somewhat when I saw it one time. That was probably in large part because of Eddy's voice, though.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2006, 01:33:14 PM »
Not all anime is predictable, Nintendo Bros. You're using Pokemon as a base to explain all of anime! Pokemon is a terrible anime. So what? Not all of anime is predictable!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2006, 06:14:19 PM »
I'm surprised that Nintendo Bros. doesn't hate Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. It would probably fit his description of a "bad show", although I happen to like it.

Print