Print

Author Topic: Countdown to Wii  (Read 30753 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2006, 03:43:40 PM »
Well, with my eBay auctions coming close to a close, we check with how they are doing.

GCN & Accessories= $81.00
mp3 player & Accessories= $40.99
Maybe there's a Wii somewhere waiting for me...

Fill Those Pockets. Wii in 4 Days.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »
There are four more reviews since my last post so I updated the image from gamerankings.com:  http://kontek.net/Luigison/reviews.PNG
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2006, 09:48:18 PM »
I find it kind of sad that you're selling your own stuff to buy a Wii. I dunno, maybe it's just because I never sell my stuff, or because I feel working hard for what you want makes the prize at the end that much sweeter.

But regarding the reviews, I'm not liking that average score for Excite Truck. That was one of my guranteed games I'm getting, and I really don't want to be disappointed by it. Well, at least it'll be fun to drive around with Kibō no Kakera or Ridin' Dirty playing in the bakground.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2006, 11:00:15 PM »
Well... I played Excite Truck, and to be honest, it wasn't mind-blowing. Sure, it was a lot of fun, but the handling was a bit less sensitive than I would have liked, and my truck was bouncing all over the place. Probably fixable with some practice, though. It is a great game, for the four minutes I played, but I think, if I were getting the Wii and some games, Excite Truck would be pretty far down the list.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2006, 11:11:19 PM »
I find it kind of sad that you're selling your own stuff to buy a Wii.
I think it'd be sad if he was selling other people's stuff.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2006, 05:32:05 AM »
Wii in 3 days.

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2006, 07:02:11 AM »
Well... I played Excite Truck, and to be honest, it wasn't mind-blowing. Sure, it was a lot of fun, but the handling was a bit less sensitive than I would have liked, and my truck was bouncing all over the place. Probably fixable with some practice, though. It is a great game, for the four minutes I played, but I think, if I were getting the Wii and some games, Excite Truck would be pretty far down the list.

Eh, I think Excite truck looks pretty cool. For the time being, it's on my list for Wii games to get this holiday season. Besides, my mom can only play racing games, so my mom will be able to play. It's too bad the Wii only comes with one remote, meaning my mom and I can't play multiplayer together :(. I'm not willing to shell out $40 for a another Wii-mote just yet.

Still, I'm look forward to Excite Truck under my christmas tree this holiday season.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2006, 08:35:24 AM »
http://kontek.net/Luigison/reviews.PNG

Seven reviews and Excite Truck has 71%.  I'm hoping to see some good Rayman and Red Steel reviews, but if Ubisoft didn't send out review copies that could be a bad sign.  I bought Rayman anyway and will probably win Red Steel from Dojo of Pain.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2006, 02:07:13 PM »
I am very happy to say that my eBay auction with my GCN and its accesories ended today at $135. With my $50 gift card, that adds up to $185. Hopefully, my mp3 player auction will sell tomorrow for more than or equal to $65 (which is likely). I can hear my Wii calling for help, probably from all of the stores with people camping out for the PS3.

That Candy Bar Can Wait. Wii in 3 Days.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2006, 04:33:24 PM »
I can hear my Wii calling for help, probably from all of the stores with people camping out for the PS3.

Don't worry, the only reason people are camping out is because there are only leik 25 PS3's per store.
Sony is so selfish. USA only gets 400,000 PS3s, compared to 1,000,000 Wiis in USA.

EDIT: New info - you may not have to reserve your Wii after all. A new study shows these results:
40% want a PS3
25% want an Xbox 360
22% want a Nintendo Wii
13% would rather have none

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It's a bad thing that Nintendo is losing its popularity, but it's a good thing that we can actually get a Wii.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:29:05 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2006, 07:07:15 PM »
Sony's not being selfish. The reason for the low shipments is because, despite problems in production, they're rushing a product on the market to make sure they establish themselves again and avoid losing their spot in the next-gen race. I'm sure most of the first shipment systems are riddled with problems.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2006, 07:09:13 PM »
I think you mean Thwii days.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2006, 07:32:32 PM »
I'm sure most of the first shipment systems are riddled with problems.

Of all 5 PS3's that were released in Japan, 5 out of 5 were defective.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2006, 09:58:37 PM »
Call the department of redundancy department.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »
Alright!  Someone besides me is having a countdown.  It stinks when only one of your friends from church/school seems to be excited about this.  I have a great plan next month.  My friend is going to buy a Wii and then go on vacation near the end of December.  He said I could borrow it then and that will be the perfect time because I get Christmas break from college work until Janurary.  Even better, I'm going to get a free 30-day trial of Gamefly from Kellogs so I can rent more games while I'm renting the system!  "It's brilliant, I say!  Brilliant!"

Don't worry, the only reason people are camping out is because there are only leik 25 PS3's per store.
Sony is so selfish. USA only gets 400,000 PS3s, compared to 1,000,000 Wiis in USA.

EDIT: New info - you may not have to reserve your Wii after all. A new study shows these results:
40% want a PS3
25% want an Xbox 360
22% want a Nintendo Wii
13% would rather have none

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It's a bad thing that Nintendo is losing its popularity, but it's a good thing that we can actually get a Wii.

Maybe once the Wii arrives in stores and IF the stores put them on display (mine probably won't :( ), kids will start buying them like chocolate hotcakes.  Then their friends will see them playing it, and have to get their own.  Then the me-wanty fever will begin. ^_^

Speaking of the campers, I just saw a story of that on the news.  Someone said he trade giving his family gifts so he could get this!  People have such messed-up priorities!  It makes me sick.

Does anyone know when Nintendo will drop their price if they will?  Do they only do that if sales aren't great?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:18:46 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print