Print

Author Topic: What can I do now? Metroid Prime Hunters  (Read 2896 times)

« on: April 08, 2006, 11:09:33 AM »
I'm only back to ask a question about Metroid Prime Hunters.  I guess this COULD be considered spoilers, even though it's still pretty early in the game, so look away if you wish.

I've gotten through the Celestial Archives (the first space station) and Alinos (volcano planet), but rather than go to the other space staion, I went to the ice planet, Arcterra.  I got the purple weapon, but didn't get the octolith.  I then went to the space station, and when I get the warhammer (green weapon), I get stuck in the room cause I already have the Purple weapon on hand, and theres a green force field.  I can't seem to find an alternate way out, or a way to get to my ship to change the weapons.  I've looked on GameFAQs, but there isn't much, and they all say to go to the 2nd space station first.  Am I going to have to restart my game because I went the wrong way?  It seems kinda stupid to open both areas at the same time if you have to go to one first.  Oh, I've also tried to get rid of my other weapon while at my ship, before I get the Warhammer, so the space will be open, but it doesn't seem like it's possible to do that.

This has been bothering me for a while, and figured I might as well ask you guys.  I find it hard to believe I am the only person to do this, so there must be some way to fix it.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 11:54:42 AM »
On the green shield, you saw a strange eye-like thing that surfs around on it, right? Well, have you tried shooting it? If you shoot it with the wrong weapon, it will shoot back at you. But if you use the correct weapon, the green shield will disappear. The Warhammer is green, too, is it not? Well, I'll let you figure it out. ^_^

When you see the other colored shields, just use the same color weapons. But remember that some shields don't have the surfing eye-like things on them-- such as the grey one. When you come across those, you must find a different way of opening them, and they won't be with weapons.

(This isn't a 'glitch', or mess-up-- it's apart of the game.)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
Here's a convenient guide to weapons and their colors.

Yellow= Volt Driver
Green= Battlehammer
Orange= Magmaul
Blue= Shock Coil
Purple / Violet= Judicator
Red= Imperialist
Red and orange are easy to get mixed up, as are blue and purple. If you're unsure, scan it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 12:52:33 PM by MaxVance »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 10:46:02 PM »
No, I realize that different weapons will destroy different force fields, what I am saying is that I got the Judicator before I got the battlehammer, so I am stuck in the room with only the green force field, while I have no way to get the weapon to destroy it.  I realize that if I shoot it with the wrong weapon, it will shoot back, but I can't get the right weapon.  That was the entire point of the first post, that I think I went out of order, but find it odd that the game would be made to allow you to screw up like that.  I know about the shields, and that only specific weapons destroy specific shields.  But I am in the room where you get the battlehammer, but no way to use the weapon on the shield blocking the door, or at least no way that I see.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 11:43:30 AM »
Oh, I see. You will see an icon on the top-right of the touch screen. Hold it down, and you will get a menu of all of your weapons. Then just slide your stylus over to the weapon you want. You mean you DO have the warhammer, correct?

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 12:00:24 PM »
Oh, thank you, I never noticed that before.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 06:51:07 PM »
Laugh out loud!

Print