Print

Author Topic: Camera A/V recording help  (Read 3969 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:21:08 PM »
Just recently, I got a new camera that has an A/V cable that I can plug into my TV and record directly from there. The one problem is that when I plug the cables into my TV, nothing shows up on the LCD screen; all I see is a black screen. Is there a specific part of the TV where you need to plug the A/V cable into?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:39:47 PM »
No TVs that I know of have AV jacks that let you record from the TV. Those are input jacks. To the TV.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
No TVs that I know of have AV jacks that let you record from the TV. Those are input jacks. To the TV.
Mine does.  I prefer to plug my Wii, PS3, or other device into my camera though. 

Did you read the camera manual?  My two video cameras both required a change in the settings to receive instead of send signals.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »
Where can I plug my camera into the Wii? I only see 2 open USB ports on the back, and when I plug my camera into them, it still shows the blank screen.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »
Does your particular camera actually support receiving and recording video signals? Read the manual.

If your camera does support this, you would still need to somehow connect it to the Wii's video out cable. The USB ports are virtually useless.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »
Here's a brief overview of what I have to do:

1. Turn off my Wii
2. Swap the 480p cables for the Standard Yellow RCA cable
3. Turn on the Wii (Seems the Wii can't switch between SD and 480p on the fly unless an update has changed that.)
4. Connect the Wii's Yellow RCA plug to the yellow RCA plug on my video camera's cable using a double female adapter.
5. Go through my video camera's settings to switch from output to input mode.
6. Play Wii
7. Press record on my video camera when appropriate. (Some cameras can take snapshot pictures.  My new one cannot.)
8. Take the SD/USB card out of my camera and put it in my PC.
9. Since my camera won't take stills, I have to use a computer program to play the video then take snapshot images.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »
Okay, thanks a lot! I'll try it tomorrow since it's too late right now.

Does your particular camera actually support receiving and recording video signals? Read the manual.

If your camera does support this, you would still need to somehow connect it to the Wii's video out cable. The USB ports are virtually useless.

Yeah, my camera supports that.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:48:46 PM »
Here's a brief overview of what I have to do:r.
5. Go through my video camera's settings to switch from output to input mode.

My Sony Handycam DCR-TRV280 has no input function. You are fortunate that your camera's options allow for a switch between output and input of the composite video/audio device.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 11:42:06 AM »
Nice, it works! Thanks a lot for the help; I really appreciate it! Now one last question: What program do you use to take stills?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 11:59:08 AM »
What program do you use to take stills?
VLC: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
I use Alt+S or Ctrl+S to take a snapshot while the video is playing.  I also slow down the playback when needed. 

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 12:53:58 PM »
Thanks a lot! I'll put up a new video from my camcorder up really soon!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 01:06:20 PM »
Whenever I take a snapshot, it comes up with an error messsage and closes the program. The snapshots are saved, but they have no preview available.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 08:01:35 PM »
Okay, I don't need help anymore. I got this great program called BSplayer! Thanks for all the help guys!

Print