Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 145146 times)

« Reply #525 on: November 13, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »
The odds of Mallow/Geno just shot up 1000%

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #526 on: November 13, 2015, 11:41:41 AM »
About time. People have been asking forEVER. And it's no wonder. Powerful magic, interesting background, has a lot of good stuff to say... it's no wonder Mallow is so popular.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #527 on: November 14, 2015, 12:50:35 AM »
I'll be kinda surprised if we don't get Mallow and Geno Mii costumes now. And Banjo-Kazooie just got a little more likely.

Also Snake better come back now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:55:20 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #528 on: November 21, 2015, 07:32:39 AM »
Yeah, a lot more is looking like fair game now that Cloud's on the table.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #529 on: November 21, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
I'm naming my Cloud amiibo Mallow.

Banjo and Kazooie definitely deserve a spot to represent the Rare N64 era (Diddy's kind of doing double duty now of representing DKC and DK64); the big question is whether Microsoft would also let a Banjo-Kazooie game go up on the eShop (maybe Grunty's Revenge)? Every other character in Smash is in at least one other game on the eShop -- R.O.B. is in Mario Kart DS, Cloud is in Theatrhythm and FF Explorers, Snake is in MGS3 3D , and Japan gets Mother 3 on the Virtual Console next month. I don't think they'd put in a character with no potential for cross-promotion at this point.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #530 on: November 21, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »
The other big question is if the FF7 remake is coming to the NX.

« Reply #531 on: November 26, 2015, 03:29:44 AM »
So Lucas is literally the only playable character in Smash 4 right now who has no direct cross-promotional purpose -- every other character is featured in at least one other game that is currently available on the eShop.

For Japan, it will eventually. Mother 3's going to their VC in January 2016.

For the US it's just like "LOL Blonde boy has psychic powers also Eartbhound!"
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #532 on: December 11, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »
Since they're calling the December 15 Smash presentation the "final" one, I'm going to go ahead and lower those Mallow/Geno odds back down now.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2015, 05:58:48 PM »
The "final" thing seems weird. The ballot only closed two months ago, and even though the ballot was more of a suggestion box and didn't really need to be tallied up, it still doesn't seem like they could have gotten development on ballot character(s) far enough by now.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »
They're probably gonna announce who won the ballot, and then develop the winners...?

« Reply #535 on: December 14, 2015, 03:14:52 PM »
No matter who wins the ballot, we lose.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #536 on: December 14, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »
But does that mean we're not getting a video presentation of the ballot winners? Cloud's probably gonna be up for download right after the Direct, since he was pretty much done in the last video, but are the others just gonna appear on the eShop in the spring with no previews?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #537 on: December 14, 2015, 09:48:28 PM »
Maybe they'll explain it all in the video proper?

« Reply #538 on: December 14, 2015, 11:53:55 PM »
It's just the last presentation dedicated solely to Smash. They can keep throwing Smash stuff into regular Directs as long as they like.

Tavros

• he was hello
« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »
So Corrin form FE: Fates (not a clone actually) and Bayonetta are in.
Who'da thunk
read jitsu wa watashi wa

Print