Print

Author Topic: A Candy Bar Named After You  (Read 8896 times)

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:21:42 AM »
If you had a candy bar named after you, what would it be like? What fillings will it have? Who would it be marketed to? (Real life name/forum nickname, doesn't matter)

Mine would be much like a round fruit pie filled with a layer of chocolate and fruit filling. For the person who wouldn't care about his gluttony.

I can see this topic dying fast, but carry on :d
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 02:35:16 AM »
The "TEM" candy bar will be about 10 inches long and an inch and a half wide. Rod-like in shape; it will have a cookie center much like a Twix bar but much thinner and cylindrical. This thin yet crispy center will be surrounded by peanut butter, this PB layer will make up about 3/4 of the bar/rod's thickness. on top of the peanut butter will be a thin coating of dark or milk chocolate(depends on which kind you buy). The final layer is a crispy cookie sheath that covers the entirety of the rod.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 03:02:04 AM »
* BirdPerson gives a Deezer to Vidgmchtr
* Vidgmchtr eats it thinking it's food
<BirdPerson> Deezer would make a great candy name
<BirdPerson> "Here John, have some Deezer."
<BirdPerson> "One ticket to Pirates..." "I want one small Dr Pepper and a bag of Deezer please."

Anyway, my candy would be Some Seriously Samashing Chocolate. Or something. It could be, like, milk chocolate and white chocolate mixed together. And it would really look the way it looks in the commercial and on the wrapper. The swirling would actually look good. And each one comes with a free philosophy on life hidden under that foldy part of the wrapper. You know, like "Plastic wrap can be used for more than wrapping plastic." Or "The grass will be greener on this side if you'd freakin' water it." Or maybe even "The best way to sharpen a pencil is with a pencil sharpener."
Ooh! And on Halloween, the bars would have the white chocolate magically colored orange. Oooooooh. And around the awesome holidays of winter, the white chocolate would be magically green and the milk chocolate red. Hee hee.

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 08:17:49 AM »
When I look at my name I think of a candy bar with....mmm...Peanut Butter, caramel, peanuts, almonds, nougat in chocolate.

I made myself hungry...:/
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 09:17:40 AM »
A candy bar of my very own, eh?

First, we would take a greasy sausage. Then, we dunk it honey a couple of times. Afterwards, we sprinkle on either jammies, smarties or gummi bears(it would be different each time), package it,  and ship it off to any retailer insane enough to sell it. It would be called "Robert's patented  vomit-inducing sugary confection" and it would be marketed towards people with no lives. 
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:23:12 AM »
First, there'd be a mozzarella stick, coated in dried chipotle sauce.  Then it would be wrapped in basil leaves.  The outler layer would be a dried banana shell.   It would be called a "Kiozoid"!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
Start out with your normal granola, saturated in semi-sweet chocolate (one inch thick). Next layer: Butterfiger-esque peanut butter / regular butter hybrid shell, two millimeters thick. Next layer: half inch milk chocolate.

Mold all these layers in the form of a two fat, half circles, and what do you get? The X-Fix bar!

Fixin' for Suffix's favorites?! GRAB A X-FIX!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 12:15:38 AM »
If I were an existing candy bar, I would be a "Baby Ruth" for two reasons:

1. I love baseball and have played it since I was a wee toddler.

2. My grandmother's name is Ruth, so it would be in her honor as well.

If I'm honestly naming this after myself, it would probably be called "Crombieballer" just to shorten my online name a bit. Since both baseball and Abercrombie & Fitch are all-American, it would be an all-American chocolate bar, but with a few twists. There would be a design incorporating both a moose and a ballfield on it, plus the center would contain a piece of PAL bubble gum to enjoy afterwards.

PAL bubble gum....I don't even think they still make it. When I was little, I used to always get a piece of it for a nickel at the concession stand after ballgames or practices. I could never chew it during the game because I was always afraid I would swallow it if I made a diving stop for a ball or slid in somewhere. But it was never a trip home for me unless I had my PAL gum. The ballfield we usually played at was two blocks from my house so I'd always just walk (I grew up in the city).

Some of you folks came up with really interesting flavored candies. I thought pizza flavored Goldfish was an extreme flavor job!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 12:21:16 AM »
Ya know, Baby Ruth wasn't named after Babe ruth. I had a book once, i think It said it was named after some US president.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 12:31:37 AM »
Yes, it was named after President Grover Cleveland's daughter.
Ooh, I know what would make Some Seriously Samashing Chocolate even more Samashing: POP ROCKS.
It's YOUR problem!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 12:34:30 AM »
I knew it had some connection with someone's daughter and not the slugger. Didn't know it was President Cleveland! Thanks for the trivia!

I have only had Pop Rocks once, when I was in eighth grade my science teacher gave them out. They are truly a unique candy.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 12:36:40 AM »
Wait wait wait, I am wrong. I didn't bother to read the whole thing, but this article contradicts my last post.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 11:43:57 AM »
The PtPeach bar (God, that sounds wierd) and it would be shaped like a regular candy bar. It would have four layers. The core would be peanut butter, the next would be milk chocolate, peanut butter, and a last layer of thick milk chocolate.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 11:51:03 AM »
The SB Bar starts out witha bar of thick graham, then cover it with nougat, lastly a thick layer of milk chocolate, with small dots of white chocolate around it.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 06:46:08 PM »
It'd be called Jessie's, kind of a parody of Hershey's, and it'd be hard caramel with soft chocolate on the inside. It would come with a piece of paper inside the wrapper with lyrics to a randomly selected song I like, such as "The Rainbow Connection", "Can You Picture That?" and "Step in Time". The wrapper itself would be pinkish-purple with JESSIE'S across it in gold letters(a BIG parody of Hershey's, where the wrapper is brown with HERSHEY'S going across it in silver letters). And everyone would love it and call me a candy genius.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print