Print

Author Topic: Game experiences you want to forget.  (Read 6743 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: March 31, 2003, 08:11:56 PM »
I had Donkey Kong Land 1 for gameboy.  I got to KIng K. Rool twice during the time that I owned the game.  But every time I couldn't beat him, I shut off my gameboy and took the cartridge out and played a different game.  THen when I wanted another crack at K.Rool, I turned on my Gameboy only to discover. . . My FILE GOT ERASED!!!!!!

xbox fears Mariomania, Brother!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 09:24:15 PM »
My brother erased my GBA Tony Hawk 2 files today.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 01:11:33 PM »
I had bought Dr. Mario 64 off of Ebay. I convinced my mom to play, and she became hooked on the game. I'd wake up and she'd be sitting on the edge of my bed playing. I finally had to hide Dr. Mario 64 so i wouldn't be bothered by my mom wanting to play.

What is wrong with this guy?
...Besides everything!

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 10:19:48 PM »
Last week I went to play Mario Party 4 & my file which I finished got erased.An error message came up b4 the game started.

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 10:34:53 PM »
Speaking of MP4 and bad gaming experiences, I beat the game w/ every character, getting all the players' presents. But after completing it w/ Peach and the credits were rolling, I had to turn the game off and didn't save it.

The next time I played the game, I looked in the present room and her constellation and all her presents were still there. So I figured "why bother w/ the credits again?" I started another story mode w/ a different character and saved over Peach's story mode data.

To my surprise, I learned that the "roof" of her present room was not there, but on all the others'. So, frustratedly, I played as her *again*, beat all those boards, and saved it AFTER the credits. I went back to the present room and...  GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! HER ROOF *STILL* WASN'T THERE!!! Now I have to beat the *ENTIRE* game over w/ EVERY character again in order to complete the present room!!!!

Unless she's the only one w/out a roof... But it looks like one is missing...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 01:11:29 PM »
A long time ago I had a 162 game season on MLB '98* as the Yankees. About at game 92 something screwed up happened and all my players were wearing Mariners uniforms. Things got worse from there, and I eventually had to throw the game out.

*It was a Playstation game.

What is wrong with this guy?
...Besides everything!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 09:32:22 PM »
I told this story before. But, to all the newer members, here goes. The biggest tale of bad luck EVER.

I was once beaten by a 3 year old in Mario Party 2.

It was about turn 14 of a 20 turn game. I was winning, with 1 star and about 150 coins. The 3-year old was 2nd, with one star and just over 50 coins. There were two easy computers, but with 0 stars and only a few coins each.

The 3 year old was rolling. He passed the Boo space. Now, seeing as how he had 50 coins, and how it would be really embarassing to be down 2 stars to a 3 year old... I tried deceiving him to steal form a computer. Didn't work. Although I STILL had a boatload of coins. This 3 year old landed on an Item game, and not knowing how to play it, randomly pressed a button and got ..... a Bowser Bomb. This was literally the Worst case scenario. I had gotten my star that I lost seconds ago on the last turn, and was about 2 spaces ahead of Baby Bowser at the time. And the 1 I rolled didn't help.

Needless to say, with literally nothing (0 stars, 0 coins) and 6 turns to play, I was pretty bad off.

I think it wa the first time in Mario Party history where the winner of the Mini-Game star got 4th to a pair of Easy computers and a 3 year old. I had rancid luck.

Let's just say if I had AVERAGE luck in the Mario Party games, I'd be UNSTOPPABLE. Well, this excludes MP4.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2003, 10:01:37 PM »
I've lost MP3 to my five-year old cousin. Since the game IS half luck (especially when you lose all your stars on the 2nd to last turn after a "rigged" chance space), I haven't worried about wins or losses counting on my reputation. Of course, my GREATEST win was on MP3 with 31 stars.

A lousy game experience, you say? I can beat ALTTP without ever dying. And because of that, I once played it through from the beginning NONSTOP until getting to Ganon's Tower.(took a good 8 hours, didn't have any lunch) So I turned the game off for a break, and came back later. No save file. I had NEVER saved it at ALL during that time!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 02:57:24 AM »
When i played mario party at my friends house (level battlefield) my friend had 6 stars, and me 2 stars (both computers had 1 star), (I was mario, my friend was luigi), suddenly i got "chance time" first Trade start, between peach and... luigi...

My freind didn't get glad, and i got on the 4st place, peach won becuse of this...

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2003, 08:50:39 PM »
I got another bad experience!
Today I went against King Boo in the Bowser Suit on LM.It cornered me,sucked me in his mouth & spat me out,then flamed me!Then he kept flaming me & eating me!Then "Good Night!"appeared on my screen.....

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2003, 09:08:05 PM »
That's happened to me before (Ugh! It was annoying, but then I started laughing at myself for doing so horribly [not making fun of you, btw].), but at least your problem's easier to fix.
Yours was just during one life on one boss. Others' (mine included) are either very, very frustrating to fix or even permanent.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2003, 06:25:39 PM »
Something I'd want to forget? Ok, how about getting beaten by my mom(who has got to be the world's worst video game player in the world) in Mario Party 2. Uhhg...

CONGRATULATIONS!
The absolute incarnation of evil, Adolf Hitler, lies in a pool of his own blood. His wrinkled, crimson splattered visage still strains, a jagged- toothed rictus trying to cry out. Insane even in death. Your lips pinched in bitter victory, you kick his head off his remains and spit on his corpse.
-Wolfenstein 3d, 3rd Episode
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2003, 11:33:25 PM »
When I was younger I would play Street Fighter with my older brother(not Dairy King) who was pretty crappy at it. He was also about twice my height and about 3 times my wieght. If I hit his fighter he would spit on me, and if I lasted through my saliva shower and beat him, he would pummel me in real life in order to redeem his virtual loss.  I stopped playing against him and turned to my mom for easy victories.  I had my strategy, Mom sucked and I didn't, HA HA... anyhoo, she noticed that I stuck out my tounge every time I threw an attack at her.  She forced me to keep my tounge in my mouth during the next battle and she beat me. My family laughed at my loss to my mother, and I slinked away, trying to choke down the bitter taste of defeat and hide the tears of shame. Moral of my story: Play by yourself, or against your cat.

I''m not lazy, I''m just... uh...
Like a sponge, thirsty I am!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 08:16:22 PM »
I also have had a bad experience with a baseball game.  Though it was not like the MLB 98 disaster. I was playing a full season on Mike Piazza's strikezone.  Sometime after the allstar break, I couldn't use one of my relief pitchers for some strange reason.  And there was this guy called Tony Phillips in right field for my team.  I said "What the heck? I didn't put Tony Philips on my team!  I was able to fix the Tony Phillips glitch, but I couldn't fix the reliever glitch.

Long live the Mario Brothers!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 07:48:03 PM »
I hope my post isnt too late. But Sappira that is the way that her present box is. It doesnt have a roof, and theres no way to get one. hope you havent deleted the data...

Oh and my bad gaming experience was also with Mario party 3 and 4. I had beat story mode in mario party 3 with Mario, Luigi, and halfway through with Peach. Well I hadnt played it for a while, and the next time I started it up this black screen came up saying that the data was corrupt and it would have to be deleted!! I reset it acouple of times with the same message, and I eventually had to delete the file, I was SOOOOOO TICKED! Then on Mario party 4, I had beat it with Mario, and was half way with Luigi. some things happened on the board that I didnt want saved for that turn, but before I could get to the memory card to pull it out, the save screen came up and started saveing. I pulled it out in the middle of saving and  it came up "Please insert Memory card" but I eventually shut it off. Then when I turned it on again, it says that the Memory card is corrupted and will need to be deleted! No way of getting around it, so I had to do it all over again. So I got mad with the Mario party series and played SMS untill I got sick of it and  lent it to a friend, now Im about the same place as I was in Mario party 4, but Im way behind in MP3

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 5/16/2003 6:54:18 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Print