Print

Author Topic: Good ol' Nintendo!  (Read 4577 times)

Jman

• Score
« on: July 08, 2003, 09:37:25 PM »
When I first played a Nintendo system back in the early 1990s, I was just amazed by how much fun the game (SMB2) was.  Now whenever I play SNES, it's like all those memories come back to me.

The master of multiplayer Mario games: You''re looking at him right now!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 06:34:04 AM »
That's the way I feel when I play GBA! ...Although they're memories of SNES, instead. I never played NES much, considering we never had one. I'd play it at my friends' house.

I just got Donkey Kong Country (can't believe that game came out *9* years ago!!), and, ahhhhhhh...so many beautiful memories... ;)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 07:42:46 AM »
I still have an original SNES copy of DKC. I don't play it much, though. I'm currently glued to Golden Sun 2.

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 03:02:02 PM »
I have all three DKC games for SNES and DKC64 for the N64.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 08:24:43 PM »
Same here. I also have DK Land 2 for GB and, ovbiously, DKC for GBA.

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 12:21:40 AM »
I only like DKC out of the bunch. The rest just... feel like a sunburn. The same thing over and over and over and no variety and
I like DKL though, and I haven't really played DK64 much.
I played the DKC remake at Wal*Mart and it seems... WAY easier than the SNES DKC.
Speakin' o' which, the game does in fact carry the Rareware logo, so Mario Master was wrong.
And Rare's GBA games are still coming. Not like I care.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 06:56:07 AM »
Of the DKC series, I like DKC2 the best. DKC was a bit dull compared to the other two, and 2 was better than 3, IMO.

Then again, of all the playable characters, I like being Diddy and Dixie the best, so that's probably why... They make a good team up. Plus the levels are oh-so-fun and the music was the best of the three. And gotta love that Lost World, which they didn't have in 1. ;P

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 06:27:45 PM »
My favorite things about Nintendo games are the gameplay, and the music.  I have about 50+ Nintendo Midis downloaded from vgmusic.com

The master of multiplayer Mario games: You''re looking at him right now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 11:23:22 PM »
I have about 50+ Nintendo MP3s of the actual music.
Plus I have a ton of MIDIs too, but they're nowhere near as good as the real thing, IMO.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2003, 12:05:42 AM »
If theres anything people get from Nintendo, it's memories. I remember the first time I beat Super Mario Bros for the first time.(which was *turns head in embarassed fashion* about 3 years ago...)
Or how 'bout playing Super Smash Bros for the first time? Where else could you make Mario duke it out with Link? And the music? Don't get me started! You can't look through any of my created CDs without finding a Nintendo theme song! Ahh, yes... Good old Nintendo.. I don't know what I would do if we were to lose you.. Probably move on.. But y'know, there'd be that 50 year gap of nothing but thoughts of you....
*camera fades out*

Rest assured. There is no signature. There never has been, and never will be.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2003, 10:23:22 PM »
Heck, I beat SMB for the first time about 6 months ago.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2003, 10:31:36 PM »
Wow... I didn't *BEAT* SMB 'til about 2 years ago. I've HAD it since...wow...9 1/2 years ago! (on SMAS for SNES) Back then I was stuck on level 8-1 and 8-2. Go figure.

--------------------

Edited by - Sapphira on 7/13/2003 9:48:22 AM

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2003, 11:11:31 PM »
I remember my first video game...I was like 2.  Actually, I don't remember it... but my parents said it SMB1.  I do remember holding the controller upside down, though.  Ah, good times.

SMW will always be my favorite, though.  Mainly because by that time I had developed basic motor skills, hand-eye-coordination, and fairly decent reflexes.

Edited by - MamaMia Mario on 7/12/2003 10:13:00 PM
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2003, 11:24:03 PM »
Ah... SMW. That is still my favorite Mario game, too! I remember playing it when I was four, or five. My mom was a daycare provider, and when it was naptime, all the other kids had to lay down and take a nap, but I got to stay up and play video games! Ha ha ha! Suckers!

Rest assured. There is no signature. There never has been, and never will be.
More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2003, 11:03:07 PM »
Whenever I pull out the old SNES, I feel like a kid again.

Proud to be an American!

Print