Print

Author Topic: Mario references in Zelda: Wind Waker  (Read 11327 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: March 29, 2003, 11:21:45 AM »
Post any Mario related info from WindWaker here.

I noticed that the sound in windwaker when you cancel the fight of a bird was borrowed from supermario64.

Anyone notice other references.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2003, 04:02:07 PM »
I'll be sure to look around.

The Wind Waker is truly an amazing game.
 n/a

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2003, 06:27:40 PM »
Isn't it, though? I never thought it looked bad in the first place, not for its graphics or for any other reason, but now that I'm playing it, I'm astounded.

I posted in BORED!! With a pinch of salt.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »
I want it.

I fear the monkey in your soul.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 10:08:59 PM »
If you save up for and buy it before a CD burner, I won't be upset.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 10:18:15 PM »
Hehe.
I don't think I need it THAT bad... heheh

That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2003, 10:43:28 PM »
Oh, I didn't know you wanted a CD burner more than The Wind Waker. I'm so enthralled with the game that I just assumed you would want it more.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2003, 02:28:10 PM »
The game seems a bit too easy.  By the way, if you return to Outset after leaving for awhile you can fight Orca for real.  Not just practice.  You have to hit him a certain number of times (100, 300, 500...)before he hits you 3 times.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2003, 09:48:06 PM »
I believe the subject was originally Mario references in Zelda: WindWaker.

On topic:  I wonder if Talon or any of the picture from Z:OoT are in WindWaker

Off topic:  I wonder if they will issue a bonus disk of SM64 when the new SM128 comes out like they did with Z:OoT with Z:WW.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2003, 11:16:46 PM »
Too easy? Well, that's good, because I think OoT is WAY TOO DANG HARD.

That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 11:00:47 AM »
Yeah, but it's fun though.  I don't want a bonus disk with Super Mario 128.  I've beaten SM64.  Unless they come out with a harder version.  By the way, Oot is NOT hard.  Just confusing.  The only reason it took me about 3 months to beat is because of that key in the water temple you have to get.

By the way, prepare to be disappointed in the first two bosses.  They stunk pretty badly.  *sigh* I hope it gets harder soon.  By the way, for those of you who hate traveling great distances across the sea, you'll get something to warp soon.
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2003, 05:28:32 PM »
I averted my eyes from Mario Master's post because it was screaming "SPOILERS!!" at me.

Luigison, I'm sorry, but I must stay off-topic so I can put this quote here. It is perfect. Read these words from GamePro about The Wind Waker that do complete justice to my feelings for the game:

“A brilliant, dazzling wonder, no matter how you feel about Link’s new pants. It stretches tried-and-true Zelda gameplay where change was due, and leaves it alone where it’s always worked. If this game doesn’t make you happy, then it’s physically impossible for you to be happy.”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2003, 09:02:52 PM »
Okay, Mario Master, you're right. OoT's gameplay in itself isn't that hard, but I find it incredibly hard to figure out what to do. I beat Volvagia today.

But again, I drag the topic off topic, as always.

Okay, this isn't a Mario reference, but it could be a Star Fox Adventures reference.
Can Link zoom in on stuff in Majora's Mask? (I haven't played it.)
If not, the telescope in TWW might be a copy of Fox's Zoom Goggles.

That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2003, 07:14:50 PM »
Off-Topic

Wind Waker and SFA are alike, and CW, I don't know which is better SFA or Wind Waker. SFA was the best game for GCN, but, it's kinda tough now.
 n/a

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2003, 07:23:10 PM »
I played it at Kmart, and it was pretty darn cool... but I still think I like SFA better...

That was a joke.

Print