Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2488500 times)

« Reply #12390 on: January 19, 2014, 10:34:53 PM »
Yeah, get XxYSOWLAOG024xX over here.

« Reply #12391 on: January 25, 2014, 01:05:53 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WMXrB7VAvQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WMXrB7VAvQ</a>

I dunno about you guys, but I think this footage of Metal Gear Solid 5 looks great. I'm really looking forward to what's shaping up to be a fantastic next generation title.

Also, Luigison predicted the future. "Wireless connectivity to the GCN would make games like the new Zelda cool.  Imagine the New Zelda game on your TV, but on the DS see both a map, and be able to change item/equipment at the same time."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:12:27 PM by TheMightyThor »
Relics.

« Reply #12392 on: February 06, 2014, 12:29:34 AM »
High fashion top. Feast your eyes.
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

« Reply #12393 on: February 15, 2014, 12:32:29 AM »
That crushing disappointment when you see there was a new post here...but it was in the "Add-One-Word Story" thread.
Relics.

« Reply #12394 on: February 15, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »
I spent Valentine's Day watching a Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons tribute show with my parents.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12395 on: March 02, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
I just saw a picture of Jared Leto and thought it was Chupperson Weird. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12396 on: March 04, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »
Go on, take everything, take everything I want you to.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12397 on: March 11, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
Apparently the acronym "LGBTQIAP+" exists. I'm not trying to be an *******, so I hope someone can enlighten me on this; isn't the point of "LGBT+" to make it so that you don't have to add the entire alphabet? Like, so that you can refrain from leaving them out pansexuals, queer people, etc. by adding "+", thus avoiding misrepresentation while adding convenience? And I found it on one of the edgiest SJW blogs I've ever seen, I believe it's called "**** off straight allies" and apparently they hate Macklemore for being a straight guy who speaks out against the homophobia of other straight guys or something? If that's not it, what's the "social justice" community's deal with him?

I don't know where my obsession with observing SJWs, radical conservatives, and neo Nazis' stupidity came from either...
Relics.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12398 on: March 12, 2014, 06:36:28 AM »
Yeah, I've seen that one around my school, too... inclusion's great and all, but the acronym is getting comedically out of hand.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12399 on: March 12, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »
That's what the plus is there for, inclusion without having to turn it into the LGBTAEIOU(and sometimes Y) community.
Relics.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12400 on: March 12, 2014, 04:06:16 PM »
I prefer LGBTBBQ. Also, no, I am not putting an asterisk after "trans".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #12401 on: March 12, 2014, 04:49:03 PM »
LGBTACDEFHIJKMNOPQRUVWXYZ+Super Mario World

« Reply #12402 on: March 12, 2014, 05:52:06 PM »
LGOAABTWWBB (L G ooh ah ah B T walla walla bing bang)
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12403 on: March 12, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ (pronounced "ab-ca-def-gi-jeckle-mi-nop-kwer-stoov-wix-iz")

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #12404 on: March 12, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »
I get the argument that "LGBT+" can feel like being Mary Ann or the Professor in the first season of Gilligan's Island if you're part of the +, and I can't argue too much with that. What I do think is kind of silly is when they add multiples of the same letter (I've seen LGBTQQIIA in writing more than once.).

Personally, I like QUILTBAG, but I pretty much always just use LGBT in speaking and writing. I think it strikes the best balance of being understandable, inclusive, and concise. When I'm talking to someone on the other side, if I'm throwing out the same nine-syllable initialism every sentence, they're going to get annoyed and be less inclined to listen while not even knowing what 70% of those letters stand for anyway.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print