Print

Author Topic: Worst ways to die in a video game.  (Read 50770 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2007, 04:52:49 PM »
No, trust me. These are some bad blue shells.

EDIT: I have a serious way to die: Dying 122 times at Outrageous because you were attempting to go through the stage with small Mario without collecting power-ups or getting Yoshi.

I'm glad I saved before I attempted that challenge.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:59:10 PM by donotcare95 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2007, 10:53:27 AM »
Dying at the very end of anything, be it a level, challenge or boss fight, is really annoying. But you know what's even worse? Dying at the very beginning of a level.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »
It's even worse than that if you're down to your last life.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2007, 01:20:08 PM »
Especially on the first level.
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »
When you play one of the original pokemon cartridges and perform a glitch, and you restart the game, and you find that the old game was erased from any prior existence.  A death like that is unexpected and devastating to your life.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »
No kidding.

The (non-glitch related) corruption of my Pokemon Red save data where I almost had a level 100 stopped me from playing the Pokemon series until FireRed.

:(

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2007, 10:52:03 AM »
Getting killed by a regular Slime in any Dragon Quest game.

No, this hasn't happened to me, but I do know people it has happened to.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2007, 07:15:48 PM »
SNES. Chrono Trigger. Getting killed by Lavos.

I got chills from that long cut scene. I never beat the game.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
MSM, I already said that one.

Getting crushed by a wall in any pushing stage of any 2D Mario game.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »
I hate game finales that are overly grim-feeling. For example, at the end of Devil May Cry, where you return to the beginning areas and they're all gooey and demonic, you just know some crap's gonna go down. It's even worse when any final boss has sixteen different forms (room full of tough enemies, then a giant statue, then a giant statue with tentacles and flashing weak points, then a flying dragon thing, then a rail-shooting segment with the dragon, then a giant worm thing, then a bigger worm thing in a volcano, then you have to escape from the volcano before it blows up, then you have to fight the boss one last time while flying away, then you have to avoid giant columns while flying, then roll credits), all of which are prefaced with an overly dramatic, long-winded cutscene of the boss transforming and/or taunting you by telling you he's your father, etc., etc.
every

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2007, 01:35:30 PM »
MSM, I already said that one.
Sorry, I didn't bother reading the whole topic >.<

Another thing that I hate is getting killed by a berserker on Gears of War.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2007, 08:44:32 AM »
Glorb: See Metroid Fusion (ooh, shel-OH CRAP), Kingdom Hearts II (too...many...forms!), and Gradius Galaxies (two different final bosses, and one of them doesn't even attack).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2007, 03:21:26 PM »
Oh, man, don't get me started on Metroid Fusion. If I had a dollar for every time I wasn't startled by a sudden blast of ominous music, I'd have, like, six dollars.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »
Hey, at least MF had some sort of story.

Technically not a death, but getting 1HKOed by Ho-oh's Fire Blast because you ran out of Reviver Seeds is extremely annoying.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2007, 05:50:24 PM »
Being down to your last few hitpoints, going against the boss of a level in a valiant fight, only to lose when you had him down to as much health as yourself.

And, I know it's not techically dying, but losing a big lead and the game while playing any sporting game is horrible.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print