Print

Author Topic: "I Just Don't Get It..."  (Read 27121 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 12:44:33 AM »
I don't get why people insist on pouring milk into their cereal. It just makes it soggy and disgusting.

Is it to save time or something by consuming both food and drink at the same time? I'm pretty sure Breakfast was SUPPOSED to be a meal where you could relax and take your time as you just got out of bed and want to take things slowly.

(Personally, I'm not a big milk drinker in the morning, I usually drink OJ or water instead.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 12:46:29 AM »
Uhhh? Cereal is designed to have milk poured on it... and your claim of sogginess does not apply to all cereals.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 12:50:02 AM »
I don't get why people insist on pouring milk into their cereal. It just makes it soggy and disgusting.

Finally, someone else who thinks milk on cereal is disgusting.

I don't get why people think it's gross to eat cereal dry. Milk (in my opinion) adds virtually no taste whatsoever. Yes, it's true that some cereals retain their shape and structure when milk is poured on them, but milk doesn't really add to the overall value of the taste.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 01:05:46 AM »
I like to eat some cereals dry as a snack, but definitely with milk when eating as a meal. Because that's what you freakin' do with cereal. And it actually does make it more  accommodating to your mouth when it doesn't suck up all the saliva and make it hard to even swallow. Not to mention that the milk isn't to "add to" the taste, even though it does, since milk has a taste.
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 03:57:03 AM »
I don't get why:

- The lousy videogames are big sellers (well, okay, any games based on licenses at least) and the innovative great videogames aren't.

- The PS2 game "Okami" sold terribly in Japan. Just unbelievable.

- How some chocolate is somehow different when getting them in the bags, where each piece is individually packaged (and usually fun-size). For Butterfingers in a bag, they're hard as a rock. For Reeses peanut butter cups, they're WET on the undersides. Maybe it's just the particular bags I was getting, but why should that ever happen anyway?

- There isn't some sort of protection or second chance for students who panic from not knowing what to expect on exams. I don't care if it's "cheating" by knowing exactly what to study and what not to study, just give us an idea of what's in store.

- For that matter, I'd like to throw a Spiny at my teacher for issuing a final exam that was nothing but essay questions. It takes time to write those out. Having to do 15 of these in two hours is just not fair. And then on top of that, formatting your entire document according to good design principles... Frith! Not cool!

- There aren't any movie-maker programs (that I know of) that accept both Windows Media formats (AVI, MPEG, WMV) and QuickTime formats (MOV, MP4, QT). I shouldn't have to keep my video collection in one format or the other.

- A Rubik's Cube cartoon ever existed. I'm not kidding, a cartoon about a frickin' Rubik's cube. Look it up.

- To quote Andy Rooney, or at least what an impressionist doing Andy Rooney said, "why do they sterilize needles before giving lethal injections?"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:19:12 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 06:42:56 AM »
Why do we drive in parkways and park in driveways?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 08:47:25 AM »
I don't get why people swear five times in every sentence nowadays. There is no excuse. I don't get why people in general are so homophobic, or why "gay" is a derogatory remark.
Both seconded. Additionally, why is pretending to be gay funny? Maybe it's just at my school, but breaking in and out of a lisp for no reason is somehow hilarious. Maybe it's a joke I'm not in on, but for someone who's sexuality has been called into question by (idiot) classmates on various occasions, I really don't see the humor in it.

Here, read this editorial I wrote on that exact topic. They want nice guys, but they just can't seem to find them in the type of guys they're looking for. So, they must settle on the jerks.
No, 98% of the time, they want hot, nice guys, but few exist, so they go to Plan B: Date a d**k. If the majority of the girls at my school based romance on niceties alone, I probably wouldn't be able to keep them off of me...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
- The lousy videogames are big sellers (well, okay, any games based on licenses at least) and the innovative great videogames aren't.

Seconded. A huge example of this is when Jaws, one of the worst video games of 2005, outsold the critically acclaimed Psychonauts. Really, I don't get it either, and it shows that a lot of so-called "gamers" will settle for mediocrity over innovation. I feel really sorry for the people that work so hard to create a masterpiece only to find that their game didn’t sell too well with the public.

No, 98% of the time, they want hot, nice guys, but few exist, so they go to Plan B: Date a d**k. If the majority of the girls at my school based romance on niceties alone, I probably wouldn't be able to keep them off of me...

Actually, that's pretty much what he said in the article. :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:52:46 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »
No, 98% of the time, they want hot, nice guys,
You should read the editorial, as that's EXACTLY what I say in it. You're not disagreeing with me, despite what you're thinking.
but few exist, so they go to Plan B: Date a d**k. If the majority of the girls at my school based romance on niceties alone, I probably wouldn't be able to keep them off of me...
I'm not talking about school girls, I'm talking about the majority of women aged in the 20-35 range. The women YOU'RE thinking of are middle/high school students and a small amount of college students.

You've yet to touch into adult life, child.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
You've yet to touch into adult life, child.
And you have much more than ShadowBrain? Last time I checked, you're only 2 years and 7 months older than he is.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 01:50:06 PM »
Did I ever say I was?

But I was in classes with women who ARE in that age range who talk like that. College contains students of all ages, remember that.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 03:19:44 PM »
You should read the editorial, as that's EXACTLY what I say in it. You're not disagreeing with me, despite what you're thinking.
You're right, I wasn't--I was elaborating on what you said. You said "nice" guys, I said "hot and nice". I mean, I didn't read the "editorial", so if it's in there, then sorry.

And since I obviously couldn't tell that you were referring to grown women and not sophmore preppies, then I've just acquired a very depressing outlook on what I'm going to have to deal with even when I graduate...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 03:55:23 PM »
I don't get girls.  I like girls, I just don't get them.  How there mind works makes absolutely no sense.

Both seconded. Additionally, why is pretending to be gay funny? Maybe it's just at my school, but breaking in and out of a lisp for no reason is somehow hilarious. Maybe it's a joke I'm not in on, but for someone who's sexuality has been called into question by (idiot) classmates on various occasions, I really don't see the humor in it.

I have a kid in my class who no one likes because they all think he's gay.  He acts gay all the time and claims that "being gay and acting gay are totally different" in my opinion there isn't much difference.

Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 04:02:14 PM »
I don't get girls.  I like girls, I just don't get them.  How there mind works makes absolutely no sense.

I have a kid in my class who no one likes because they all think he's gay.  He acts gay all the time and claims that "being gay and acting gay are totally different" in my opinion there isn't much difference.

I'd say there is. Many homosexuals don't display the common stereotypes.

Print