Print

Author Topic: The homeless  (Read 18039 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:50:03 PM »
Got any in your town? We got some and if you spend enough time downtown you know their names too. Theres...

Crazy Jim - Rumored Vietnam vet who sits outside the Tobacco Bowl and mutters to himself.
Dollah Bill - Guy in a orange and green coat and a backpack who walks around all the time and turns up in random places.
Titanic extra - There's a hobo who claims that he was an extra in Titanic and they screwed him over.
Valentine - Sits in various places in the ped mall with a cardboard sign. 
??? - Scary dude who wears a wrestling singlet and seems to store things in it. He also wraps pantyhose around his head and walks around with a dazed expression.

Anyway, I always try to lend some change. I've had a few discussions with some of the hobos and some are actually pretty intelligent. I recommend striking up a conversation with one of the sometime. They have many experiences and lots to say.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 09:23:36 PM »
We got tons

Some notable ones:

Scary Sherry - A guy (...or girl? I have no idea) who rides a bike around and thinks it's a cop. It constantly tries to scream at people and stuff.
The cat man? - Some guy with a beard who walks around the streets with a cat on his shoulder.
Man who wants quarters - A guy who always asks people for quarters
Ditto used Machop!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »
Change?   Spare some change?
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 11:02:05 PM »
Change?   Spare some change?

why are the new south park episodes so bad?
Ditto used Machop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:49:15 PM »
I can only think of one person. I only strongly suspect he's homeless, as he's very often at the bowling alley and is... not in his right mind. He'll be talking to you about who-knows-what as if carrying on a full conversation with a good friend, and you might not even know it because he might do it when your back is turned. He doesn't seem to be a bad man in any way--he's kind of like the bowling alley's resident grandpa. If he ever catches me in a "conversation" and I notice, I just smile and nod, even though I don't think it makes much a difference. I don't know how, but he gets by (maybe he gets free burgers from the snack bar--if so, he's pretty lucky for a homeless person).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:51:40 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »
When I went to church on Sunday, my Pastor spoke about a homeless woman in our town. I can't exactly remember her name, but she's been without a home for quite a while. She said it was our duty to help her out in anyway possible. Our town is pretty small, so I didn't really expect any homeless people, but I was wrong. I feel bad for her.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 12:24:18 AM »
I had a homeless encounter today. I walked out of a gas station holding two bottles of Diet Pepsi. A homeless man on the sidewalk stops me as I start to leave.

"Hey! Can I have one of your smokes?"

...I should have given him one. If he could light the thing, he deserved it.
No! I don't want that!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 12:58:28 AM »
I've seen plenty of homeless people, but none of them are near where I live. Most of them I see either going to and from school or in the newspaper.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 06:20:14 AM »
we have a few homeless people in my city. but what I don't get if they can walk around the whole city why can't they get a job or do something.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 06:55:45 AM »
My parents saw a bum brawl once.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 08:32:30 AM »
I don't understand why so many people are homeless. Why don't they just get off their butts and get a job?
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 08:43:51 AM »
^

*Begin Whiny Executive Voice*
"Because they're not qualified!"
*End Whiny Executive Voice*

Living in the hick town that I do, I don't think there are any homeless people.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 09:49:36 AM »
I don't understand why so many people are homeless. Why don't they just get off their butts and get a job?
thats what I just said
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
It's hard to get a job with no residence or driver's license or place to shower.

Print