Print

Author Topic: Geeks and Otaku  (Read 5370 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: June 12, 2008, 04:45:06 PM »
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168199

You've probably all heard about this by now, but... yeah. Discuss.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:51:51 PM »
So much for video games being a thing for nerds. Now we're gonna need a new hobby to establish our nerd identities with.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:14:41 PM »
I have many...
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
Wow, I thought Europe hated Nintendo (of Europe) just for delaying Brawl.
Canada, eh? '87

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »
What particularly struck me was this error:
...Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King takes up a full 287 blocks of Wii memory when loaded onto the console's hard drive.

I've long since learned not to trust 1UP/EGM when they discuss anything Nintendo-related.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 07:03:25 PM »
They really need to realize that there does exist a hadrcore fanbase for them that's just as needy as Xbox 360/PS3 owners.

Unless they want to push us away, in favor of casuals. Or they know that no matter what they do, there's always that section of fans that'll buy anything with their name, no matter what.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »
um... what's an otaku?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:54 AM »
It's, like, a Japanese word for someone who's obsessed with something (usually anime or videogames).

Also, David Jaffe responds.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:49:06 AM by ShadowBrain »

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 12:29:52 PM »
I find it strangely ironic that a Sony franchise creator that is digging his series into the ground is blasting NoE.

David Jaffe, you deserve a pat on the back, just start making a game besides God Of War though. Oh wait...
Canada, eh? '87

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 07:37:36 PM »

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 07:41:43 PM »
Nintendo is stupid. Or, someone who works at Nintendo is stupid. So what? I'm spending thousands on your VC games and all you can do is stereotype me? Gosh...>_>

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 01:03:04 AM »
I find it strangely ironic that a Sony franchise creator that is digging his series into the ground is blasting NoE.

David Jaffe, you deserve a pat on the back, just start making a game besides God Of War though. Oh wait...
What exactly are you talking about? Jaffe only really worked on GoW1 and just did a bit of plot stuff for the others. After GoW1 he released Calling All Cars on the PSN and did another Twisted Metal game. And how is GoW "digging into the ground" anyway?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 07:34:24 AM »
This guy is in marketing? 
No comment.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 08:40:23 AM »
He's pretty much right. Doesn't mean they should just ignore the pleas for more storage though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
A new break in the story! Well, now he's saying it was an out-of-context joke... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. But storage solutions finally being announched as considered? Hmm...

Print