Yep, once and I hated it.
4 (10.3%)
I am a regular/occasional smoker.
4 (10.3%)
Trying to quit
0 (0%)
I do not smoke and never will.
28 (71.8%)
I've never tried it, but I'm not afraid to try.
2 (5.1%)
Used to, don't anymore.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Print

Author Topic: Smoking: Anyone try it?  (Read 42031 times)

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:40:42 PM »
Right, so I'm curious to know if anyone has ever smoked before or is a regular smoker.

I myself am an occasional cigar smoker. I know they're worse than cigarettes, but they give me a better feeling afterwards. Plus, odd it may be, but I enjoy the taste (keep in mind, this is coming from someone who likes his coffee black).
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »
My mother smokes, and seeing her, I will never smoke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »
Eh, I voted occasional..... but, that was then... this is now.

9th grade = started dipping tobacco.
10th grade = had my first cigarette and black and mild. Smoked and dipped often. Dipped more than smoked.
11th grade = more of the same.
12th grade = smoking decreased significantly. Went down to.... maybe one every 3 days, if that. Now, for the past 4-5 months I haven't smoked a single thing, so I'm happy about that. I don't plan on smoking again. I mean, I'll smoke the occasional black or whatever if I'm REALLY feeling it (read: one in a blue moon), but cigarettes, blugh. Cigarettes also would kill me when I would ride my bike at the skatepark; I would hit the spine and quarter... then bunnyhop over the kicker, and be out of breath, so I was like screw this.

All I do is dip now. For all you who are most likely gonna say OH DISGUSTING!!?!!?!?! YOUR FACE IS GONNA FALL OFF... I had a dental appointment Friday and my doctor didn't even know I dipped until he asked me after my cleaning. He said my teeth and gums were perfect. Remember, I've dipped for almost 5 years now. All you gotta do is brush your teeth regularly, folks, just like any other day. You're not going to die the second you put your third dip in.
Formerly quite reasonable.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
There's no way I'll ever smoke. When I was young, I remember bugging my dad to quit smoking after learning about what it does to your lungs. He always seemed to want to quit, but he may have been humoring me. It took him several attempts with nicotine patches and cold turkey before he finally managed to quit sometime in 2000.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 05:32:37 PM »
Smoking wouldn't fit my cynical personality of looking down on everybody. Also, it's disgusting.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »
If you mean cigarettes then no. But I'm not afraid to.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 05:44:24 PM »
Nah. While I see smoking as a person's way of calming down after a hard day, I don't think spending over a hundred bucks a month is worth it. And like Forest Guy said, it's disgusting.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 05:45:44 PM »
Forest Guy you convinced me not to start smoking. Thanks.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 05:58:05 PM »
I will never ever ever smoke. And I don't see myself drinking that much.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »
I will drink excessively.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 06:42:48 PM »
"it's always the present"

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 06:48:41 PM »
Yeah well I'm only open about talking about cigs?

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »
I think my dad made me try a cigar when I was like 8 so I voted the first option.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »
You made me think of Calvin.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 07:05:16 PM »
I was too youung to tell if I like it when my Grandma made me try a cigarette. I wasn't even aware of what it was so I was probably 5 or 6.

Print